B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

un needed or unwanted FOB? give/sell to me

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 12:34 PM
4th Gear
Talking un needed or unwanted FOB? give/sell to me

hey i know there is another thread KINDA like this.. but im wanting a working one... i dont care about the keyblade... just the remote clicker portion of it... i dont have one and my driver side door lock dont work (key hole is broken) so i was wondering if anyone knew anyone or if u have one u dont want or need, if u could give it or sell it too me

ive already looked on ebay and they are all for new audi and alot of them have some code thing that we have to check to make sure it will work with our car and i dont know if it wil work with mine cuz i never had a remote to compare numbers with... so any input or remotes would be awesome... thanks guys

Old 08-29-2009, 12:53 PM
3rd Gear

shokan.com will have one waiting for u lol

Old 08-29-2009, 01:00 PM
4th Gear

where do i go on the site to find them?

Old 08-29-2009, 03:18 PM
1st Gear

Actually before I posted my thread, I called Shokan and they advised they don't carry these. The website is www.shokan.com. As far as the numbers to compare, it should be listed on your alarm sticker in the rear window. Basically you're looking for the first 3 numbers 4d0.... I think any 2 button will work with your car. You will need two keys to program it on your central locks and possibly vagcom to code your central locks in case your car didn't come factory with keyless. The websites that helped me the most are this one and #35-central lock listed on this website. You may need to do more research as I have heard the programming is different for a 1996 then a 1998+. Search my friend, here on Audiforums there is a TON of information, just search for "1996 b5 fob".

Old 08-29-2009, 04:22 PM
2nd Gear

i went to the audi dealership in eau claire WI and me and a buddy just asked if they had any extra ones at all and he gave us each one lol... they were cut and everything he just said they had been laying in his drawer a few months people just left them or something...

im in college and said that we were looking to have a few for practice runs when we were messing around with the lazer engraver (we actually were) and they actually turned out awesome ha

Old 08-29-2009, 10:31 PM
4th Gear

wanna send me one of those "extras" that would be awesome... ill give u 5 bux lol

Old 08-30-2009, 02:39 PM
4th Gear

ok so any luck with finding anything cheaper? i asked the audi dealer and they have nothing extra... i mean i can get one from ebay for fairly cheap... but getting them reprogrammed is gonna eb expensive anyways... is there any way to do it on my own?

Old 08-30-2009, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Phil
ok so any luck with finding anything cheaper? i asked the audi dealer and they have nothing extra... i mean i can get one from ebay for fairly cheap... but getting them reprogrammed is gonna eb expensive anyways... is there any way to do it on my own?
you dont need to get one programmed. you just push the lock button inside your driver door and then one of the buttons on the remote and you're good to go

Old 08-30-2009, 06:19 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Broncoman75
you dont need to get one programmed. you just push the lock button inside your driver door and then one of the buttons on the remote and you're good to go
what do u mean? like i press them both at the same time or what? i would really like to make sure this would work before i buy it ya know what i mean

Old 08-30-2009, 06:32 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by rcheing
Actually before I posted my thread, I called Shokan and they advised they don't carry these. The website is www.shokan.com. As far as the numbers to compare, it should be listed on your alarm sticker in the rear window. Basically you're looking for the first 3 numbers 4d0.... I think any 2 button will work with your car. You will need two keys to program it on your central locks and possibly vagcom to code your central locks in case your car didn't come factory with keyless. The websites that helped me the most are this one and #35-central lock listed on this website. You may need to do more research as I have heard the programming is different for a 1996 then a 1998+. Search my friend, here on Audiforums there is a TON of information, just search for "1996 b5 fob".
ok.. i just checked outside on the sticker and my number is 43r 00081... what does that mean? and what is "fcc id" cuz everytime i see one of those, its like MZ something or some other numbers that dont ever start with 4 anything

Last edited by Mr. Phil; 08-30-2009 at 06:40 PM.

Quick Reply: un needed or unwanted FOB? give/sell to me