B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Turned a few heads at the car meet

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 11:24 PM
3rd Gear

Name:  Picture076edit.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  173.3 KB

Still not a classy honda?

Sorry for being very off topic by the way..

Old 06-26-2009, 11:32 PM
1st Gear

Yes, it's going to far, you're right aledelic. Gaberossi, I didn't intend to get into an argument with you or the rest of the members here. So my apologies to everyone, but I don't agree with your actions. I guess each to his own. No more agressiveness from me here. My respect goes out to you for being able to be self sufficient. My bad on misinterpreting that you smoked the vr6 and yes you probably know more than me, which is why I joined AudiForums to try and learn from you guys. I'm 28 and this is my first Audi. There is nothing wrong with Civics when in the right hands, my comment had to do with the attitude I was getting, which is more in tuned to the Honda boards which are usually full of 16 year olds. I too owned a Civic a long *** time ago, but have recently grown a distaste for them. Over where I live, you see people with very bad taste in body kits, huge wings, and the trademark rattling noise coming from the exhaust. Extremely riced out, I'll take a few pics when I see one, so you guys know what I mean.

P.S. - Bishop, we can race as long we take it to the tracks, but I don't foresee this soon, I'm still learning about Audi's and I haven't put a single mod out there yet. Oh, and I never implied I have money, I got my Audi with light cosmetic frontal damage for extremely cheap because a friend has a dealer license and we were able to get this car off the dealer auctions with a clean title. If I came across that way, my apologies!

Last edited by rcheing; 06-26-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:34 PM
5th Gear

lmao this thread was major jacked.

gabe: grats on finally letting it out with your car. it feels good to finally see what it's made of doesn't it? lol.

cheing: i've seen plenty of people drive and honestly, if you've nvr taken a car to 100 more than once, you're not a good driver and should stay off the road. even though i don't trust gabe, i'd trust him with my car because i can tell he's a good driver just by listening to what he has to say. now i'm not condoning street racing or extreme speeding but if you don't scare the **** outta yourself in a car, you won't know what it's made of and won't know how to respond properly during extreme situations. don't worry about those shitty civic pix, i'm sure almost every town more than enough for people to bear lol.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by rcheing

P.S. - Bishop, we can race as long we take it to the tracks, but I don't foresee this soon, I'm still learning about Audi's and I haven't put a single mod out there yet.
I think "street racing" has been lumped into one category with all of the idiots. There are plenty of locations/times where you can go race without fineing other traffic (especially when it's a non divided road and you have a spotter at the other end checking for traffic)
I would love to be able to take it to the tracks all the time but the venues have just made it too expensive.

I had a friend die when his can slid sideways on a wet road and an oncoming car t-bone him, he wasn't even racing(nor was he a crack head). Cars are dangerous, speed is dangerous, life itself can be dangerous. As lone as you aren't racing in populated areas and puting people in extra danger then I could care less if you are racing.

Congrats by the way on getting the facelift 99.5. Now you can laugh and all the midget mirror Audis.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:55 PM
1st Gear

Thanks man, I wished I would have researched Audi's a little more, now that I know 1.8's have better mod support, I would have probably held out on my 2.8. It's too late now though, I'm in love with my car and desperately trying to get the front bumper and hood I need to get it into the streets. As soon as it's complete, I'll post pics up. On another note, sorry to hear about your friend, that sucks big time.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:06 AM
1st Gear

nope not even a wiggle down there

Old 06-27-2009, 12:23 AM

Thought I was on a you tube comment section for a bit.
I would love to take my car to a show but it's a 10 footer .