B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Turned a few heads at the car meet

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 03:36 AM
1st Gear
Default Turned a few heads at the car meet

so ive been going to this local car meet in my town for a year now and never really had anyone ask me crap about my car, mainly bc i dont really have anything modified on the outside besides the head lights...so im just hanging out and some kid goes hey ill give you 10 bucks for gas if you take me on this highway run so i can get some videos....this car meet has some pretty nice cars but it was the 4cyl turn for a highway run of course i wouldnt keep up with the boosted vr6's...ill get to the point, we went on this run with some gli's gti's a tt and a bunch of rice burner acuras and hondas..i decided to go all out and see what my car had, so i ran her pretty enthusiastically and i ended up racing the gti's and some boosted rsx's and a full bolt on GLI and i pulled on every person not one person could keep up...when we got back to the parking lot i had people saying **** i thought this thing was stock???and is this the s line? kinda questions....any ways just had an exciting night of highway driving and wanted to share

Old 06-26-2009, 08:14 AM

congrats on that man! i used to go to the local car shows but one time i got major dissed so i stopped going

Old 06-26-2009, 10:01 AM
1st Gear

hey gaberossi, where did u get ur forge dv? btw congrats on showin the locals what uaids are packing. hehe

Old 06-26-2009, 12:13 PM
1st Gear

While it's great that you had a great time and you showed the locals your car can pull, I don't condone highway racing. Especially in Parkland, FL where you are so close to Moroso Motorsports, a well known track in West Palm Beach. It is irresponsible people like yourself and buddies you hang out with that drive insurance prices up the wall for the rest of us and unfortunately take innocent lives. Do yourself and the rest of the world a favor, and take it to the tracks next time. I hope the rest of AudiForums share my views on this serious issue. Sorry to rain on your parade.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Legal Moderator

Originally Posted by rcheing
It is irresponsible people like yourself and buddies you hang out with that drive insurance prices up the wall for the rest of us and unfortunately take innocent lives. Do yourself and the rest of the worlda favor, and take it to the tracks next time.
take it easy on the flaming man. this topic has been discussed time and time again on here. of course nobody condones highway racing, but it happens. if he wasnt racing, somebody else would have been.
with that said, im glad you could turn a couple heads out there. im not sure if i read that correct, but did you say you were beating boosted vr6's?

Old 06-26-2009, 05:02 PM
1st Gear

yea i hear ya guys about the highway racing...honestly i got excited bc this kid asked if i could just follow them for some good pics or w.e he wanted and i ended up racing bc i got the urge to, but you are right moroso/paml beach international raceway is right next door but i do not have the funds to run that track its 100 bucks for a run which i dont have bc of this car haha.......yes it is a forge DV got it for 150 bux at the tuning shop here in sofla....this is why i have 200 cones setup in a buddys parking garage....but yea junior member you need to shut your mouth and stop giving me a hard time bc there are alot dumber people out there than me, we had a wide open road,and it was first guy to 100......and no i said i could not keep up with the VR6's they were on a diff run but i know for sure they would rape me so i stuck with the 4cyls

Last edited by gaberossi; 06-26-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:30 PM
1st Gear

Ooh wow, the "member" is so intelligent digging himself deeper into the hole. The only reason why I'm giving you a hard time is because I've seen so many accidents on I-95 usually attributed to speed. No one is saying not to race, you do it on the tracks, being broke is no excuse for not taking it to the tracks. You're a menace to society. I hate people like you who put others at risk. There is no way to responsibly race, even at the tracks, but at least if you kill yourself doing it, you won't be taking innocent people with you.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:07 PM
1st Gear

why dont you just **** off already its not your thread so leave....people told you to shut up and your not

Old 06-26-2009, 08:43 PM
3rd Gear

lol +1 on the **** OFF

Old 06-26-2009, 08:51 PM
2nd Gear

+10000^^^ its not like he was hammered and going down city strets!!! there are 10x worse places and scenarios than this...i dont even really see the danger in going 25 over in a semi controlled open road... so ya, YOU **** off

Quick Reply: Turned a few heads at the car meet