B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Trophy a4?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 10:30 PM
1st Gear
Smile Trophy a4?

I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen a b5 rally conversion with sort of a trophy truck stance? I'd like to know if I can replace all the suspension and drive linkage w that of a q7 or allroad or something to give it that lifted wide stance up front. I think it would be very fun and unique. I know it obviously isn't a bolt on thing and will most likely involve a lot of fabrication but any info or suggestions on this would be great. Thanks guys.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:39 PM
1st Gear

I've never seen or heard of one, but it would be sick. I think I eventually want to build my A4 into a rally car after college. I competed in a rally cross recently and I'm totally hooked on the offroad racing.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:45 PM
1st Gear

it would be sick if you actually used it for that purpose, but if you're just planning on driving on the street then i'd say don't do it hahah. a4's tend to look like poop with large wheel gap (aka my car )

Old 10-31-2010, 10:56 PM
1st Gear

Ya I think I read your thread about your race day. That would be so fun. I would definitely put it to use haha I live in Maine and there are pretty much endless logging roads and offroad trails to shred. I'm not sure if long travel suspension would really be necessary but I know I could put it to use and I just think it would look badass.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:07 PM
1st Gear

go for it! it would most likely take a lot of custom fabrication to make larger springs/shocks work along with all the other suspension compounds. goodluck if you really decide to do this

Old 11-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

It would take a lot to fab, and not to be a debbie downer but the b5 is a brick as is going much higher will also make it more unstable then a freaking "Rolling Explorer"

Old 11-07-2010, 02:20 PM
1st Gear

hahaha ya that's true. a lot of hicks at my school have lifted trucks and i thought it would be funny to show them up in an a4 lol. seemed like a good idea at the time but it would probably turn out a waste of time and money. and theres no need to defile an audi like that. ...maybe someday when she's about to die and i've got a few grand to blow on a baja racer...

Old 11-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

As far as an off road just race as long as not climbing over trees or mudd holes your a4 will win!