B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Transmission issue shifting into 4th gear

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 04:21 AM
3rd Gear

If you dont mod your car or know how to work on your car you should not own a audi period end of story unless you have money and than i doubt you would be driving a b5 this is the truth and its hard to take do a manual swap or pay a **** load of money on a car that doesnt hold it's value very well

Last edited by Andrew149; 01-24-2011 at 04:25 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:59 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by SAudi
well whether im in tip or auto, the second the car gets to 4th gear its like it just out of gear and sometimes (rarely) it will downshift back to 3rd but for the most part all the gears light up and it goes into limp mode and the revs go up, after that, i have to stop and turn the car off and on again and then i can drive normally until 4th gear. i was about to swap out the TCU until i heard of your problems. this i actually my dads car and according to him he was driving in the snow the night before and when he went out the next day the car ran great until he left our subdivision and the tranny kept going into limp mode. it pretty much been sitting in garage since (so like 2 weeks) and ive just been busy and its too cold to actually go under and see if its leaking oil or pull the TCU. i also have the same issues where niether my handheld vag scanner or my rosstech cable can communicate with the TCU.
I have a strong feeling,it's your TCM (Transmission control module)buy another one,replace it with the one you already have and see if that fixed the problem.

I plan on buying a another TCM also,soon as i can get my hands on one.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:24 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Andrew149
If you dont mod your car or know how to work on your car you should not own a audi period end of story unless you have money and than i doubt you would be driving a b5 this is the truth and its hard to take do a manual swap or pay a **** load of money on a car that doesnt hold it's value very well
This is the most dumbest statement i've seen on audiforums,what a ******* moron! idiot,if your not going to contribute to the thread by giving suggestions,then don't post on my thread!

First off,i don't even know what's wrong with it yet,so how can i fix it,smart ***? I'm in the process of trouble shooting,so i can fix it. I'm sure that 99.9%of users on Audiforms come here for this very thing,to get help with diagnosing their B5's and modding them. So you to come on my thread,making an ******* statement on why i shouldn't have a audi,according to you"i don't know how to work on it".

How the hell do you know i don't know how to work on it? you don't know anything about me,i see plenty of users asking questions about a issue that is going on with their B5's and i don't see any ******** like you,responding about weither or not they should have it or can work on simply because they are asking a question about what it might be.

Do yourself a favor, go troll on vwvortex,we don't need that **** here on Audiforums. we are here to actually help each other and not talk **** to someone who asks for suggestions and solutions to our B5's.

end rant...back to our regularly scheduled program

Old 04-26-2020, 09:20 PM
1st Gear

You never posted what the issue was what was it if you remember

Old 04-26-2020, 09:33 PM
2nd Gear

I replaced the transmission.... problem fixed. I've been left my B5 at a repair shop about 4 years ago. lmaoo

Old 12-18-2020, 12:38 PM
1st Gear
Default Hey

Originally Posted by morpheous
I'll do that,once i know,the forum will know.
hey i have a audi that is doing the same thing u explained. What was the problem. I need to figure this out

Old 12-18-2020, 09:39 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Jaylew412
hey i have a audi that is doing the same thing u explained. What was the problem. I need to figure this out
I changed the transmission. Problem was fixed.