B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Today's mod - HID foglights

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 09:35 AM
1st Gear

Hey devil, you say you put facelift headlight on ad you have a prefacelift car? I'm asking cause i have an issue, I have a 2000 a4, but i have a prefacelift rad support because of an accident and have the mounting location for the prefacelift headlights(2 on top, and one right under the housing that only shows when you remove the separate corner) as apposed to the facelift mounting spot which are the same 2 top ones, bu the third you get by a whole through the bottom corner of the fender, where it meets the headlight. Were you able to mod this and install a facelift headlight with all three mounting tabs, or did you just use the top 2 and left it at that?

Hope you understand what i'm sayin.....im in nyc, not sure how far that is from you, but maybe i can trek over there so you see what im talking about........

Old 01-19-2010, 09:49 AM
4th Gear

so wait... the fogs are h7 and not h1? so should i keep my h7 hid then and use them whenever i get the bumper fogs?

Old 01-19-2010, 10:09 AM
4th Gear

also... is there anywhere to actually order the fog light housing as a whole package that came stock other than the dealership? or is my only option egay

Old 01-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Phil, the fog bulbs are H7s. So yeah you can use the ones you have. To get the lights, watch eBay and check classifieds here, on AZ, and on Vortex. Kevace, I understand what you mean. I have two-piece depo lights, not one piece facelift lights. I'm sure you could make either of them work in your car. The lights I have are meant for pre-facelift cars so they'd work perfectly on your car, but since I can adapt to the facelift lights so you should be able to as well. When the time comes, feel free to buzz me and we can get you up here to install whatever setup you get, as well as to do whatever else you want to work on (seafoam, vagcom recode of your convenience features, whatever - there's all kinds of stuff we can work on). Just let me know.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:59 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
The HID retrofit is pretty easy. Order the color temperature of your choice in an H7 bulb style, and drill out the back of the fog housing so you can run all the cabling, then just mount them up, mount the ballasts, and plug it all in.
Where did you get the bulbs and kit to convert them?

Is there a good write up for this somewhere?

Old 01-19-2010, 11:18 AM
Administrator

I don't know of a writeup as I only have seen a handful of cars that have this mod. A buddy here is doing his tonight so I'll ask him to take pictures during the process since I didn't, and send them to me. If he's got time to take pics while doing it, I'll do that writeup. If he doesn't, maybe I can take some when Jiggleo does his, if he's down here to do it.

All three of us got the kits on eBay - the most expensive was Jiggleo's at about $43 including shipping.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:54 PM
4th Gear

u got the fog lamps on ebay? or the hid kits?

and u say check ebay... can u post a link of something like what ur talking about? ill post one too and let u know what i think i need and ill go from there... cuz i ordered some projectors at like 4am this morning and im gonna miss my fogs lol

Old 01-19-2010, 03:00 PM
4th Gear

im gonna post a couple different ones in here... lemme know what would work if any

http://www.google.com/product_url?q=...hl=en&sa=title

or this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUDI-A4-1994-199...item27ab589cc4

i think the bling lights are only the lights and **** and not the grill inserts and crap... but it sux cuz these are both only h3 bulbs... this is gay.. if u or anyone happens to find oem fog thingies can u send me an email... also can u take a pic of ur fog up close without the lights on so i can see what they look like?

Last edited by Mr. Phil; 01-19-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Yeah the BlingLights kit looks to only be the lamps. The other set, from eBay, I have seen in person - AF member tware4021 came to my house last fall and we put them in his car. They actually look pretty good too. He's running an S4 front end now and may have those available for sale so shoot him a PM. You could unload your existing HID bulbs to someone, buy a pair of H3 HID bulbs (you can find them for about $20 a pair), and use your existing ballasts to drive them.

If you want to keep your existing HID setup and not replace the bulbs, search for "A4 foglights" from the main eBay page and see if a set comes up. If it does, great. If you don't find any by the time I get my S4 front end painted and installed, my A4 fogs will be available and I'll buzz you about them. And yeah, I got the HIDs on eBay as well as the fogs - I got the HIDs last week and the fogs a couple summers ago. Found those on eBay too from a guy parting out his car.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Administrator

I just sent Tyler (tware) a text and he does still have those lights if you're interested.

Quick Reply: Today's mod - HID foglights