B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Tb not responsive and no spark. Help me plz chicago?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 02:45 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Kamil`
You can try reprogramming the TB like marc said.

It probably isn't the problem but you never know.
i had someone try to reprogram the tb with vag-com but it just says error

Old 12-23-2013, 02:47 PM
2nd Gear

TB meaning throttle body right? if it's giving you an error, meaning the VAG can NOT connect to the throttle body, then chances are your throttle body is Kaputt...

Last edited by markymarc; 12-23-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:45 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by markymarc
TB meaning throttle body right? if it's giving you an error, meaning the VAG can NOT connect to the throttle body, then chances are your throttle body is Kaputt...
i purchased a brand new tb from audi, paid a **** load, i think i should have just got it on ebay but its new and still says error

Old 01-06-2014, 04:00 PM
2nd Gear

You can't return a part to Audi? I'd try at least or re-sell it.

Unplug your TB wiring harness, inspect it VERY closely, clean it, then zip tie it tightly together, look for anything suspicious. Other than that, pull your ECU out, if you can take it apart, look inside for burn marks...or just pull it out, let it sit for a few, then plug it back in and see if the car starts, and then dies again.

There really is nothing between the ECU and the TB that could cause that error, if the VAG isn't reading the TB and you can't adjust it, either the TB is bad (you tried a new one) or it's generally the ECU and it can't talk to the TB anymore....or the wiring/harness in between.

From everything you've described, it could be your ECU going bad or there's a short or wiring issue somewhere.....since it's intermittent, but now it won't start at all, so it's pointing towards the ECU, you said earlier, you've replaced your TB before a few times and it helped....maybe it's the wiring/connector then and it got contact when you plugged it back in, worked for awhile but then got jogged loose again, but if the new one now isn't working at all no matter what you do, it's pointing towards the ECU...

Hopefully someone else can give their 2 cents as well.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:17 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by markymarc
You can't return a part to Audi? I'd try at least or re-sell it.

Unplug your TB wiring harness, inspect it VERY closely, clean it, then zip tie it tightly together, look for anything suspicious. Other than that, pull your ECU out, if you can take it apart, look inside for burn marks...or just pull it out, let it sit for a few, then plug it back in and see if the car starts, and then dies again.

There really is nothing between the ECU and the TB that could cause that error, if the VAG isn't reading the TB and you can't adjust it, either the TB is bad (you tried a new one) or it's generally the ECU and it can't talk to the TB anymore....or the wiring/harness in between.

From everything you've described, it could be your ECU going bad or there's a short or wiring issue somewhere.....since it's intermittent, but now it won't start at all, so it's pointing towards the ECU, you said earlier, you've replaced your TB before a few times and it helped....maybe it's the wiring/connector then and it got contact when you plugged it back in, worked for awhile but then got jogged loose again, but if the new one now isn't working at all no matter what you do, it's pointing towards the ECU...

Hopefully someone else can give their 2 cents as well.

ok so it has been a while, i did unplug both the ecu and battery, it sat for 2 weeks then i put it back together, but it still wont start and epc light comes on after cranking about 3-4 times, i thought it may be the ecu but unless i bought the wrong one its not working still and as for the tb i was able to return it but they said that they could order a new one, maybe that one was bad but we'll see they said it should be in jan. 14-16 so we'll see but yea idk about the ecu i may have bought the wrong one, the part numbers are very similar except the like 2 letters, mine say p and the one i bought says bp not sure if that matters, thanks for all the info and help. i really wanna get this thing up and running again, i miss driving it

Old 01-12-2014, 08:37 AM
2nd Gear

It should start at least with the other ECU, but sometimes the ECU has to be re-coded....not my area at all, but here's a link for you to read through:

https://www.audiforums.com/forum/diy...ur-car-181068/

Old 01-12-2014, 08:54 AM
2nd Gear

Re-Check ALL your fuses...

Old 01-24-2014, 05:09 PM
1st Gear

FIXED IT YAY!!! guess what it was............ stupid short in ignition coil harnesses and burnt relay. a lil rewiring and new relay all fixed