B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Tb not responsive and no spark. Help me plz chicago?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 08:53 PM
1st Gear
Default Tb not responsive and no spark. Help me plz chicago?

Hello everyone. its been a long time since ive been on here but i am having an issue and have spent nearly a month trying to figure it out. even had it looked at by a couple german car mechanics here in chicago but noone seems to know what it is. even a guy with vagcom couldnt tell me whats going on.

i have a 2000 audi a4 1.8t garrett gt28 turbo, ecs boost control, ecs fpr with gauge, 440cc bosch injectors, cx racing fmic, 2.0 fsi coils,

heres the problem. it started about 2 months ago when my car suddenly died and would not start. i checked the tb and it was not responding so i changed it. then about a month later it died again and same thing happened, the tb stopped responding so i tried changing it again but no go. so i changed the crank sensor and no go. i checked for spark today and there is no spark. nor is the tb responding. i have checked all fuses and they are fine. i checked for fuel pressure and thats fine. i checked for lose connections. i checked for codes and only 2 but they both say something about tb not able to adapt but does not say a thing about the no spark issue nor does it tell me why its not able to adapt. heres the thing aswell the engine code says atw on top BUT the crank sensor is the one that goes on an aeb block. im confused. but still the car was running perfectly a month ago. i need help. if any of u guys live in or near chicago let me know. also i need some audi/vw ppl to ride with lol all my friends got nissans n hondas

Old 12-08-2013, 01:51 AM
1st Gear

bump?

Old 12-08-2013, 09:28 AM
2nd Gear

By not starting, does it turn over? I'm guessing it's not turning over......Is there voltage to the starter? did you check spark AFTER the coils?

Old 12-08-2013, 08:18 PM
2nd Gear

It really sounds like the CPS....and put the correct one on for your engine code....If the CPS is bad, you won't have spark......Let me ask you this, when you turn the key on, can you hear the fuel pump? lights on dash? any noise at all when you turn the key?

And here's a way to bypass your CPS...to see if you jump pins 2 and 3 to TEST it......use at your own risk...

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?p=18849794

Last edited by markymarc; 12-08-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:39 PM
1st Gear

yes the engine cranks but does not star. yes i checked for spark after coils, the cps was working fine after i replaced it but then the car shut off while driving but this also happened before replacing the cps but this time it will not start and as i said before not only is there no spark there also is no throttle response. and yes fuel pump kicks on and all lights on dash turn on but there is no cel, the epc light was on but then shut off and did not come back on.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:47 PM
2nd Gear

You have no codes? Are you using a VAG?

Just throwing some ideas around here....

EPC light generally means a problem with the throttle control/motor....or the MAF. Did you recently put in a new chip?

It could be as simple as a relearn procedure or the throttle control module may be bad, Fuel pump also....even though you hear it....

Replace the engine speed sensor with the correct one for your engine code...

I think your year of audi (2000) was the first year with an immobilizer in it (that would cause these symptoms as well)....
Immobilizer - Ross-Tech Wiki

Have you tried unplugging the MAF and see if it starts?

If the ABS module FAILED or wasn't plugged in, it would not let you start it either

Clutch switch...

Just some ideas....

Last edited by markymarc; 12-13-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:08 PM
1st Gear

nope no new chip same maf. i do have 1 code and its p1545: throttle Pos.Contr Malfunction.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:41 PM
1st Gear

crank postion sensor or ignition control module

Old 12-16-2013, 11:11 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ibe3pac
crank postion sensor or ignition control module
i changed the crank sensor and still nothing. and i dont think i have a icm i cant find it

Old 12-16-2013, 02:49 PM
1st Gear

You can try reprogramming the TB like marc said.

It probably isn't the problem but you never know.

Quick Reply: Tb not responsive and no spark. Help me plz chicago?