B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

taillight mod

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 10:16 PM
1st Gear
Cool taillight mod

i found a thread a while back about a taillight mod to make 2 lights in each tail go on with the brakes intead of just one on either side, i really want to do this mod but cannot find it anywhere in the forum, if anyone can locate this or is firmiliar let me know

Old 08-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Administrator

I think what you're talking about is a combination of two things:

First, the dual fog light mod. This is where you wire up your tail lights in such a way that you have two rear-facing fog lights instead of just one.

Seond, there's an additional mod to this where you tie the dual fog lights in with the brake lights, so when you step on the brakes both bright *** fog light bulbs light up.

Personally I'm not a fan of either of these, but I'll see if I can dig up a DIY for you nonetheless.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:34 PM
1st Gear

I think it involves putting a bulb in the empty socket (the other side is the rear fog) and then soldiering the circuit board (if you wanna call it that) in the tail lights so that the fog light and brake lights are tied in.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:50 AM
3rd Gear

Pro tip: Don't do any of these.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:06 AM
1st Gear

that is the mod i was talking about. but in the thread he used bulbs that were the same brightness as the regular brake lights. if anyone can locate it let me know, he said they were not obnoxiously bright but i want to check it out

Old 08-12-2011, 04:41 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by NickBroderick
This........

Old 08-12-2011, 04:58 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by NickBroderick
Never said do it, just told him what he was asking for

Old 08-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Administrator

I did the dual rear fog mod and I'm glad I did. In **** weather (which we get a lot of), I like being visible. Not to mention our dumbass local sheriffs don't buy it when you tell them it's a euro feature and write you a ticket for inoperable bulbs. I don't expect most people to understand that they're rear fogs and that they need to stay to the left of the light. I dual-modded in the hopes that some mouth-breather trying to drive with their knees while eating lobster, talking on the phone, and masturbating, might actually see me in time to avoid parking in my back seat.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
I dual-modded in the hopes that some mouth-breather trying to drive with their knees while eating lobster, talking on the phone, and masturbating, might actually see me in time to avoid parking in my back seat.
^ Winning.

Hey NickBroderick - Since you're a pro, please create a thread called AskNickBroderick4aProAdvice.com

Do it.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:43 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
I did the dual rear fog mod and I'm glad I did. In **** weather (which we get a lot of), I like being visible. Not to mention our dumbass local sheriffs don't buy it when you tell them it's a euro feature and write you a ticket for inoperable bulbs. I don't expect most people to understand that they're rear fogs and that they need to stay to the left of the light. I dual-modded in the hopes that some mouth-breather trying to drive with their knees while eating lobster, talking on the phone, and masturbating, might actually see me in time to avoid parking in my back seat.
You're always good for a laugh, Jeremy. Ha. I want to do this as well. Would there be any legal discrepancy with doing a dual rear-fog mod, but making them white LED's? Not sure I'd want to do it, I just think it might look interesting.

Also, not to thread jack, but is there a way to use my fog lights without having my headlights on?

Quick Reply: taillight mod