B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

swaps

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Keegan0103
Well my thought was from a dig, at say a red light..
Good call, Mike doesn't know anything about racing from a dig.

ps. no lag.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2n6ujHAdGk

Old 03-18-2010, 07:32 PM
4th Gear
Old 03-18-2010, 07:35 PM

also, no lag on this one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD61fn9XMxU

Old 03-18-2010, 07:43 PM
4th Gear

that was sexy lol

Old 03-18-2010, 09:14 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by dragonrage
There's no replacement for displacement.
Yep, there are always supplements to displacement, but no replacement. People always say "well what about small turbo engines that can beat v8s", but if you take a small engine and compare it with a similar big engine, and do the same/similar things to it (ie both turbo'd, both sugercharged, both N/A etc.), the big engine is going to win out. It basically comes down to, more air and fuel = more power. You can fit more air and fuel into a larger engine than a smaller engine.

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
Long as we are fantasizing, Bride (I believe) built a time attack 300ZX with a Frankenstein monster engine, an RB30DET (bored and stroked RB out to 3.0L and with a huge T88).
Ooo I want to see

Old 03-18-2010, 11:04 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Mike-2ptzero
Funny thing is thats what all NA V8 owners say, thats till they get beat by a 4 cylinder turbo car.
Mike, I am absolutely not saying that v8 cars are faster than i4 cars. Of course there's FAR more to it than that. I wouldn't be surprised to see your car beat my G8 in some circumstances. But there are still things that my G8 can do that yours can't. Personally, I want to be thrown back in my seat when I punch it, no matter what RPM I'm at. High RPM stuff is fun, but I also think that digs are fun and important as well.

Besides, anything that you can mod on your car can be done on a V8. V8s can have forced induction and all sorts of crazy s***, too.

And, like I said, I don't think the LS series is right for the A4. Only a fool would recommend just one engine (this doesn't even have to apply only to engines, either) for any application without considering how it would work in that specific engine.

That said, if comparing stock engines alone, the LS series is far better than the 1.8T, 2.8, 2.7TT, and 4.2. It's just not really right for an A4. I would like to see some LLT swaps going on in lighter cars, though. Not that the A4 is a light car.

Last edited by dragonrage; 03-18-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by kayakman13
Isn't that engine for women and FWD homos? :P
actually its for people who didnt do their research on performance b4 purchasing the car. so i guess i dont fit in your 2 categories... guess your just so cool for having a .8er huh...

and i had another question if i could chime in on the swap conversation...

I was wondering if I had a donor s4 (totaled but internally sound)... if I could manage a swap without blowing a whole in my wallet... this meaning can it be done with jsut swapping most of the mounts and such from the donor to mine??

I have welding experience and a dad that knows just about everything you could about cars that is dying to have a project with me and see the little one...

I would love the power of an s4 behind the wheel of my 2.8er... i know i know a bunch of you will say just sell my car and buy an S but I would rather have the project and spend time with my father..

anyways i would just love some input from someone that has answers for me

Thanks!!

Last edited by nitro_rider2001; 03-18-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:33 AM

I wouldn't be surprised to see your car beat my G8 in some circumstances. But there are still things that my G8 can do that yours can't. Personally, I want to be thrown back in my seat when I punch it, no matter what RPM I'm at. High RPM stuff is fun, but I also think that digs are fun and important as well.
huh? can your G8 pull 1.5x 60fts?

Old 03-19-2010, 02:17 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by pyropenguin
huh? can your G8 pull 1.5x 60fts?
What car are you referring to? Most cars I see in the 1.5 60fts are in the 9s or low 10s in the 1/4, so unless his G8 is set up for the strip I don't think it's going to see 1.5 60fts. If you're talking about a AWD car like a Quattro, having four wheels laying down power is a different story, but that has nothing to do with the engine. And even then those cars are strip cars usually running slicks as well.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:26 AM
4th Gear

Mike, I am absolutely not saying that v8 cars are faster than i4 cars. Of course there's FAR more to it than that. I wouldn't be surprised to see your car beat my G8 in some circumstances. But there are still things that my G8 can do that yours can't. Personally, I want to be thrown back in my seat when I punch it, no matter what RPM I'm at. High RPM stuff is fun, but I also think that digs are fun and important as well.

Besides, anything that you can mod on your car can be done on a V8. V8s can have forced induction and all sorts of crazy s***, too.

And, like I said, I don't think the LS series is right for the A4. Only a fool would recommend just one engine (this doesn't even have to apply only to engines, either) for any application without considering how it would work in that specific engine.

That said, if comparing stock engines alone, the LS series is far better than the 1.8T, 2.8, 2.7TT, and 4.2. It's just not really right for an A4. I would like to see some LLT swaps going on in lighter cars, though. Not that the A4 is a light car.
hahaha cuz mike knows nothing about being thrown back in his seat or digs right.... hes got what double the HP your failed G8 has and half the motor?

Quick Reply: swaps