B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Super ssqv

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by numlock4045
do you know if its true about what was in the NEWBIE guide about the 2000+'s auto adjusting for the BOV?
I'm still learning the nuances of the 1.8T, but based on what I've read, on MAP equipped engines, as long as your DV/BOV/SSQV/ABCDEFG is closed at idle, the MAP sensor will adapt if you're venting to the atmosphere. Personally, I still don't think its a good idea but it IS possible. I'm pretty sure a coupla guys here are running BOV's, but they're also BAT and are tuned appropriately. There are also dudes on here running splitters and hybrid valves, but I don't know much about them.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:30 AM
1st Gear

its cool i know what you mean.. ok lets break down this DV stuff..

DV is diverter valve basicaly whats in the cars stock right?. it diverts the air flow back threw the intake when the throttle snaps. i think im saying this right lol

ok so that being said if you can find me a DV valve thats the right price and thats got some noise to it.. im not saying crazy loud.. i just like the noise turbo cars make when the throttle snaps. even if im the only one who can really hear it ill be happy.. and the other reason i was wanting a BOV is cause the stock DV in the car has a crack in the top of it (although its not leaking) its getting time to change it lol..

keep in mind i have a wife so if this valve is crazy exspencive you know it wont happen and if i buy it anyway ill be in the dog house and guess what its ******* cold out side (its like winter in maryland right now lol)

Old 10-16-2010, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

That's is basically what a DV does.

From the newbie guide.
What DV should I get?

It is entirely up to you. First option is the 710N. This DV comes stock on Audi TT (225hp version) to compensate for the added boost from the k04. It is the cheapest one you can buy (typicaly found for $35-$40) and will work fine on any k03/k04 application. It is not serviceable however. The next option is a Forge series DV. Forge 006 and Forge 007 (virtually the same thing but the 007 has a smaller external design for optimal fitment on an S4 application). They are fully serviceable and adjustable. If you are upping the boost all you need to do is switch out the spring. This (007) is probably the most widely available and recommended DV to get. It is ideal if you’re going to be upgrading the turbo. There are other DV’s out there like Bailey’s, EVO, Hyperboost, Stratmosphere, etc. They are essentially the same as the Forge series, so whichever you can get for cheapest is the one you should get. A new DV will not add any power but it will make the “psshh†sound more audible, especially with an intake or air box mod.

More info on DV's can be found here- https://www.audiforums.com/m_531160/tm.htm
edit: this might also help you understand where the DV is https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=100217

Old 10-16-2010, 11:40 AM
1st Gear

one other thing.. how the hell do you put an intake on these cars with the MAF being inside the Air Box?.. and whats this AIR box mod? last time i looked at it the pics were f'ed up.. can someone link the post again? maybe send me some pics of what it looks like?.. im up for modding the car.. ive modded cars all my life.. lol every car i owned was modded.. lol i had a worked 92 Acura Integra before i got the Audi i ran mid 13s all motor lol.. but anyway back on topic.. it just seems stupid exspencive to do anything to these cars.. lol where are all the (underground parts shops for these things?) lol i knew i was in some **** when i walked into Auto Zone and Advanced and they told me they dont carry **** for Audi lol i knew right then i got my self into a project car lol. but as long as you guys are all willing to help and to explain this wierd car to me lol ill be more then happy to contribute back as soon as i know what an Audi A4 is lmao ill admit im a newb to this whole Audi thing but its fun and something new and god damn are these things fun to drive lol. and look good doing it lol..

Old 10-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Airbox mod you dont have to go this extreme with the fender holes. Mine just has the airbox holes with a small screen covering

Cone mod basically attach the cone to the MAF but DO NOT use oil on the filters in excess you will ruin a MAF

Edit: these cars are a little pricey to work on. ECS tuning is a fav for most. for Clutch/turbo/intercooler needs I highly recommend Ringerracing.com

Last edited by chocalotstarfish; 10-16-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:01 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

keep in mind i have a wife so if this valve is crazy exspencive you know it wont happen and if i buy it anyway ill be in the dog house and guess what its ******* cold out side (its like winter in maryland right now lol)
if the wife is on you about spending money on the car you are probably going to have to lose one or the other . routine maintenance is moderately expensive. once you go modding and stuff you can get to crazy expensive

i knew i was in some **** when i walked into Auto Zone and Advanced and they told me they dont carry **** for Audi lol i knew right then i got my self into a project car lol. but as long as you guys are all willing to help and to explain this wierd car to me
welcome to audi. there are plenty of online places where you can source parts for decent prices. keep in mind that is decent prices for audi parts which are still on the high side but you DO get what you PAY for especially with these cars.

sounds like you have some experience turning wrenches so you will be able to save yourself a lot in the long run. unfortunately, these cars are a royal pain to work on. its like they are put together with the notion that they will NEVER be taken apart. as a result even simple jobs are a seriously time consuming pain in the *** of moving, removing, pushing stuff out of the way, disassembling, etc. just so you can plug in a new wobulator valve, or get at the blinker fluid reservoir

do a search for intake options. stock intake is quite good, however, there are some relatively inexpensive mods you can do to increase airflow. there are some aftermarket things too but they are expensive and don't offer much in the way of improved performance.

finally, if you want to pay someone to mod up your car (or even do the routine stuff) raimotorsport is in east baltimore. they have some pretty sick projects and really know their way around these cars.

welcome to the forums hope to see you around

Old 10-16-2010, 12:09 PM
1st Gear

hells yea.. im doing the cone mod lol.. im going to the store now lol.. **** drilling holes in my pretty Air box.. gotta put it back to stock if i sell it :-P jkjk Airbox mod is a lil ugly lol

Old 10-16-2010, 12:20 PM
3rd Gear

um no. wtf is FWD>BOV. how about some explanation...
I was just being an *******. I know nothing about DV's and BOV's.

Old 10-16-2010, 01:35 PM
1st Gear

i have a bailey that i have going to atmosphere, with no tune for it. its louder than ANY bov ive ever heard, except BT supras

Old 10-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Guru

i have a bov on my car..... but i am not running a cat either............ if you want to run a bov run one, if you want to run a dv run one

but don't complain when you mess something up on your car

Quick Reply: Super ssqv