B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Super ssqv

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 03:17 AM
1st Gear
Talking Super ssqv

ok first things first.. this is from the NEWBIE GUIDE IN THE BOV section

"Due to the closed loop turbo system in our A4's you can not release the air into the atmosphere, you have to recirculate it back into the system. The MAF calculates air before the DV so if any air is lost after that calculation by releasing it into the atmosphere you will run rich for a little while. How damaging this is, is disputable, but on 2000+ models the car adapts to running a BOV because of the MAP sensor so you will only run rich for a day or 2. The BOV will need to stay closed at idle. A BOV that remains open at idle is not good for a car with a MAF and you will stutter and stall. Forge 004 and SSQV are both closed at idle and good choices. If you run standalone software (034 Motorsports carries it) you can run any BOV you want."

ok that being said and bold and underlined... i have a 2000.5 Audi A4 1.8t and i want to put the SUPER SSQV SQV BLOW OFF VALVE BOV + 2.5" ADAPTER FLANGE found here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUPER...Q5fAccessories on my A4 but i have never in my life messed with a truboed car this will be my first one so i have no idea how to install that BOV can anyone walk me threw it? link me a TUT? maybe shoot a video?. it would be greatly appreciated

thanks again guys..

Old 10-16-2010, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Let me 1st say... You are a brave man. Most folks round these parts arnt too found of fellas like you

That being said a DV is what is commonly used, and the BOV is not favored. To put one on is very simple and 2 hoses. But I would recommend looking into a DV aka a recirculating bov but it's really just a DV

Old 10-16-2010, 08:57 AM
1st Gear

+1 ^chocolatestarfish. im guessing he wants the wooooosh sound. heres a link to best of both worlds. you can still have the wooooooosh and recirculation http://www.gfb.com.au/index.php?opti...art&Itemid=156

Old 10-16-2010, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Didn't one of those dudes from Miami put a SSQV on his car recently??

Old 10-16-2010, 10:16 AM
1st Gear

i knew i was going to get problems out of this... ok here we go.. im not paying an *** load of money for that retarded DV that only releases some of the air.. its over priced.. now here we go for the Argument ok now why would it say IN THE NEWBIE GUIDE " but on 2000+ models the car adapts to running a BOV because of the MAP sensor so you will only run rich for a day or 2. The BOV will need to stay closed at idle. A BOV that remains open at idle is not good for a car with a MAF and you will stutter and stall. Forge 004 and SSQV are both closed at idle and good choices" IF YOU CANT PUT ONE ON.. and ive seen Audis with BOV's but correct me if im wrong going from what was said in the newbie guide the 2000+ models equipped with a MAP sensor adjust for running a BOV and my A4 is a 2000.5 B5 therefore this would mean i could put a BOV on my A4 and the ECU will Auto Adjust after a day or 2. now i understand everyone is all ANTI BOV BUT if you cant do it and its just gonna **** up the car and blah blah blah then fix the newbie guide and save your selves some headaches.. cause as long as in that guide it says 2000+ models can use BOV's your going to continue to get these Questions about BOV's and your all going to Continue to be dicks to every person that asks and FORCE DV'S on them.. now IMO BOV's AND DV's on the Audi (depending on year) are all a prefrence. but either way im not paying for that DV/BOV thing.. theres no way im going to pay more then 100$ for a lil what 5in piece thats just rediciouls.. now if all your going to do is be a dick and an ******* dont write anything back i didnt come here looking for ******** opinions and useless info with attitude. now if you feel like acting like an adult and talking like one lets talk. if not dont waste your time cause all your doing is wasting my time and pissing me off..

again as always i thank everyone for there help and USEFUL input.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Ok buddy, chill the **** out for a minute. If you post crap on a public forum, you're opening yourself up for people to say whatever they want about it. Thats something you're gonna have to deal with. I said that one of the guys from Miami recently fitted a SSQV so you could PM him and ask him about his experience. His SN is MiamiA4guy, why don't you pick his brain a little bit.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:39 AM
1st Gear

lol CCA4 its cool none of that was directed to you.. or really anyone else who posted something already.. i just was looking over some forums of prior ppl asking about BOV's and all the attitude and useless info they got.. you've been helping me out for the past few days and i thank you.. i just figured id put that (attitude piece) in there to hopefully stop the BS and get some real Answers.. but again none of that was directed to you buddy and i thank you ill PM him and see how it goes..

do you know if its true about what was in the NEWBIE guide about the 2000+'s auto adjusting for the BOV?

Old 10-16-2010, 10:52 AM
3rd Gear

Hi.

FWD > BOV.

Does that answer your question?

Old 10-16-2010, 11:06 AM
1st Gear

um no. wtf is FWD>BOV. how about some explanation...

Old 10-16-2010, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Most of us here do try and help, most of the bov question are by 16yr olds and thats why you see so many of us get shitty attitudes. We try and help them and then they argue with us. If you know more than us then why ask in the 1st place! I'm not saying thats you I'm saying thats the other one you have read. I only know of a few 2000+ running bov without supporting mods and it didn't jack something up. If you dont want the 50/50 blow off, a DV is a great thing. IMO and again thats just MY Opinion if you want sound do a nice airbox mod and a strong dv or even a K04 with tune, there is nothing that gets me more hard then to hear that turbo spool and the SNAP of the DV locking in...

But if you want the BOV give it a try let us know how it works. As far as install jack up the front of the car. The DV that is currently on you car is located on the passenger side. You can reach it by hand from underneath and there should be 2 big hoses held on by clamps and a small vac line. When I replaced my DV it took me a whole 15mins to do.

Last edited by chocalotstarfish; 10-16-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Super ssqv