B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Summer NY Meet feeler thread =)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 08:47 PM
3rd Gear

what a failed post deleted

Last edited by Andrew149; 07-24-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Tech Guru

I'm Pat and I'm from Evans City, PA. I drive a white 2011 Silverado. See any dealer stock photo.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Guys, quick update - ixnay on the need for batteries or a generator. Our pavilion is wired for power so we're all good. Anyone have their arrival time solidified enough to confirm it on here? If so, please do so others can try to coordinate theirs and then we won't have a day-long trickle of cars coming one per hour.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:55 PM
1st Gear

Ok, today i went out to the park and there are horse shoe pits and a volleyball net next to the pavilion, a 4'x2' charcoal BBQ behind the pavilion (so were gonna need some charcoal) for dinner on friday and possibly lunch and dinner on saturday maybe even breakfast, ill bring up my BBQ grill for heating things up so we dont have to use charcoal all the time. there is drinking water next to the pavilion which comes from a well or the pond (not sure) if it hurts your vagina to drink water from a safe but unknown source bring your own! there are 4 or 6 outlets and we will be bringing extension cords and surge protectors. there is a 3' wide 20' long counter for serving or whatever and 10 picnic tables under the pavilion. theres gotta be at least 2 acres of flat feild in front of the pavilion for parking and camping (maybe kickball or something of that nature) and woods next to and behind it. there are trails all over the place and its mowed all the way around the 18 acre pond. there are bathrooms about 100 yards from the pavilion that are pretty much ours, there are more bathrooms about 500 yards away in the actual campgrounds and in those ones are the only shower (yes i said one shower) so plan on getting to use it at 3AM LOL. there is no swimming do to the large snapping turtle population but for NYers or anyone else with a NY fishing licsence there is fishing (bluegill, sunnys, large mouth bass, and chain pickeral) the fishing this time of year is pretty good but not the best. Ill be bringing fire wood so thats covered for both nights. Keith is bringing a large deepfryer for the turkey saturday night and a small one for whatever else and im sure Chris will be bringing his too, im gonna pick up some chicken its 5$ for 10LBS of chicken leg quarters so ill pick up 4 or 5 of them for friday/ saturday. we're gonna need something for breakfast and lunch saturday (eggs and baccon or whatever) i can get a cast iron grittle for the charcoal grill so we can do a grilled breakfast, gonna need sides for lunch and dinner (be sure to post what ur bringing or purchasing here) there is a grocery store about 5 min away but the prices are a little higher do to no close competition, walmart and such are 25 mins away (thats not too bad but dont wanna go a bunch of times). Its BYOB and by all means take this as an opportunity to get your party on. my garage and tools are 5 mins away so if you need to wrench we can do that too. Bring your own tent and **** (unless your sleeping on a picknic table or the ground). so far the weather looks like mid 80's or so during the day and mid 60's at night. there are lights under the pavilion so you only need a flash light but you can bring whatever you want. NO FIREWORKS! I'd like to get to go back to the park again. We are free to do pretty much whatever at the park and id love to hear some suggestions (for food, games or whatever) The park is called Cook Park and is in Chenango County New York the address is 189 Park road, Greene NY, 13778. They are actually looking forward to having us at the park so lets not **** this up! now lets get some posts up to cover all the things i missed and didnt think of. For anyone who hasnt paid its 6$ at the door for the weekend. we're looking forward to all of you coming out it will be an awesome time!

Old 07-24-2011, 06:17 PM
3rd Gear

I should just stop coming to this thread... that sounds like so much fun.

Old 07-24-2011, 06:26 PM
2nd Gear

If i will be on 4 wheels then i will bring beer and a lot of other goodies.
If I will be on 2 wheels then i guess only thing that fits on the damn thing is my wallet so i can throw down for whatever.
Thanks a bunch for such detailed info man everything sounds great. My type of weekend

Old 07-24-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Guru

Fried burgers. I'll chip in where ever I can and I'll try to bring a case or two of something up with me.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Administrator

It's going to be awesome, so Nick it's time to scrape out the sand and come.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Tech Guru

^ Agreed. Nicholas it's time to break open Mr. Oinky and get your Bahstan *** out here.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:20 PM
3rd Gear

I wish guys, but I didn't even go out this weekend because I need to save every dime. I'll be able to make it to the fall meet though!

Quick Reply: Summer NY Meet feeler thread =)