B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Summer NY Meet feeler thread =)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 05:17 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
Since Pat brought up the subject, do any of you guys have an idea what time you're planning on rolling into town? Maybe if we get a few planned ETAs we can get most of the crew coordinated to roll in around the same time. If so, you guys coming in on 81N could meet up at the NY welcome stop right at the NY/PA border and all roll in deep into town together.
it be nice to have a set time for me as well since it is a 10 hour trip

Old 07-19-2011, 11:32 PM
Administrator

How's this - what time is best for you guys to reliably arrive? 4pm, 5pm, or 6pm? If we can get a consensus I'll set up directions to an easy meet point and hook up with you all there. Then we can stop at Sam the Beer Man and caravan out to the campground. Those tones are mainly for the newcomers and long-distance drivers. Dave, Erik, etc - you guys have short drives and have the lay of the land already. I'm sure you'll be fine. Right on Front St, if you were to pull out of Denny's and go left, drive a little more than half a mike, you'd find a bar called Caseys on your right. I'm sure you'd be fine there

Dave, you bringing some more of your crew this time?

Last edited by ImTheDevil; 07-19-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:47 AM
Administrator

I'm takin Friday off again, hopefully leaving sometime mid-morning. I'm sure I'll be able to find something to do no matter what time i get there

Old 07-20-2011, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by CCA4
I'm takin Friday off again, hopefully leaving sometime mid-morning. I'm sure I'll be able to find somewhere to drink no matter what time i get there
Fixed.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Administrator

By the way, if anyone has an extra car battery lying around, or can beg/borrow/steal on (jack it from your neighbor's car if possible), PLEASE bring it with you. We need it for a little surprise we're planning. You'll have it back to bring home. Trust me on this, it'll be worth the weight in the car on your drive

Old 07-20-2011, 10:55 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
How's this - what time is best for you guys to reliably arrive? 4pm, 5pm, or 6pm? If we can get a consensus I'll set up directions to an easy meet point and hook up with you all there. Then we can stop at Sam the Beer Man and caravan out to the campground. Those tones are mainly for the newcomers and long-distance drivers. Dave, Erik, etc - you guys have short drives and have the lay of the land already. I'm sure you'll be fine. Right on Front St, if you were to pull out of Denny's and go left, drive a little more than half a mike, you'd find a bar called Caseys on your right. I'm sure you'd be fine there

Dave, you bringing some more of your crew this time?
Hopefully Ill have the day off and will be there around noon. If that works out, Ill most like likely head over to that place we went to downtown. The name is escaping me right now(Jeremy?), but the food was good and the beer was ice cold. I could also plan a raid on Joon's house, since he most likely will be working from home.

Jeremy, I have to check with Wally to see if he has rallied the troops.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Administrator

That was Lost Dog Cafe. Pretty sure it's 222 Water Street Binghamton. Hopefully he has rallied them. I'm going to leave my garage unlocked for you guys too in case anyone needs access to tools or wants to wash their car.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:31 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by dmaxn
Hopefully Ill have the day off and will be there around noon. If that works out, Ill most like likely head over to that place we went to downtown. The name is escaping me right now(Jeremy?), but the food was good and the beer was ice cold. I could also plan a raid on Joon's house, since he most likely will be working from home.

Jeremy, I have to check with Wally to see if he has rallied the troops.
Dave, Big Tim and I are heading out together, if you end up leaving late, like say around noon ,let me know and we can all caravan up together.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Guru

^ Noon is leaving late? LOL I probably won't be leaving Pittsburgh till like 7 o'clock. Jeremy - I'll see if I can score a floor jack and I'm also still on the prowl for A8 grilles if Keith still needs one.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Administrator

He does. Fog grille, passenger side, 99-03 A8.

Quick Reply: Summer NY Meet feeler thread =)