B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

stuck in a cross road

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 08:48 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Mr. Phil
im thinking aboutjust going with the r1 apr dv... anyone have any opinions on this?
i own the dv no issue's its bullet proof

Old 02-03-2011, 09:36 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by MetalMan
There might be a GIAC dealer closer to you.

http://www.giacusa.com/dealermap/

Select Audi, zoom in to where you are located, and find the closest one. Call the shop and make sure they can handle the ECU you want tuned.
there is actually a revo authorized dealer 5 minutes from my work haha... and they have trial software for the ecu... so i think revo is where im going to go as far as ecu chip haha

Old 02-03-2011, 09:38 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by CCA4
Eh that all depends on what you plan to do with it. I think the ability to "rebuild" the R1 or 007 is more so you can change the spring and run higher boost (read: bigger turbo) without having to go out and buy another DV, and not so much that you're going to run the thing so long that it will wear out and need to be rebuilt. I believe you can get spring packs for the 007 and/or R1 to run upwards of 30+lbs of boost, while the 710n is rated for like half that. The reason I decided to go with the 710n over one of those two is that it was like 1/3 of the price. I plan on keeping my K03 for a little while, and when I DO want to go BT, most of the kits I've had my eye on come with a new DV, 3" MAF housing, or both. Besides, if you go BAT or run a MAFless tune you can skip the DV altogether and go BOV anyway. Just seemed pointless to me to buy a part like that assuming that I was going to keep it long enough to make it worth the extra cost.
well then this makes more sense to me, cuz honestly i dont plan on going bt for a while... ill do other things first like exhaust and injectors and obviously chip yada yada... besides until i get more hours at work i wont have the money to save up for a new turbo anyways haha

Old 02-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Tech Guru

well then this makes more sense to me, cuz honestly i dont plan on going bt for a while... ill do other things first like exhaust and injectors and obviously chip yada yada... besides until i get more hours at work i wont have the money to save up for a new turbo anyways haha
ok..... you are a newbie.... revo is not for the b5... i mean it can be used but people with b5's have not had good luck... if you are getting a 98-99 you will want to get software specific you for your car....search to make sure you can even get something such as revo

also why are you doing injectors? does your tune call for them? if not your car will run like ***

Honestly people on this site are too nice and help people who troll too much... you have been a member too long to not even know how to search

Old 02-03-2011, 09:53 AM
4th Gear

i said i would buy didnt say i would install injectors... i just wanna have all the parts necessary for the upgrade... and revo site says for a4 1.8t 150hp engines... didnt they only do the 150hp in the b5??

Last edited by Mr. Phil; 02-03-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Guru

i said i would buy didnt say i would install injectors... i just wanna have all the parts necessary for the upgrade... and revo site says for a4 1.8t 150hp engines... didnt they only do the 150hp in the b5??
why buy a part like injectors and not instal them..... get a tune for the car.... all of mikes kits come with injectors.... or what if you buy a used kit that say requires 1000cc injectors, but you bought a set of 550/630/or what ever... now you have to sell them

i was under the imression that revo only made files for the awm..... but when i was new and looking at a tune i searched and found that the b5 guys didn't use revo... so i quit searching revo

not to say that they have a bad tune, i just know the b6 guys have better luck with it

like i said search the internet, the forums, call the companies.... it won't cost you to do so... and revo can't "flash" your car if it is a 98/99 they have to chip it, they will not chip you for free or trial.... they will flash you for free or trial... so i take it revo will not be the best for you

Name:  noob.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  1.8 KB

disclaimer: senior noobs get partial correct info

Last edited by turbo kraut; 02-03-2011 at 10:28 AM. Reason: ninja disclaimer
Old 02-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

When I was looking at Revo they only made it for the 01 b5 that had 170hp looking at revos site now they make it for the 150 b5. Revo is comes highly recommended by a local VW/Audi shop who does uni revo and apr

But reading it I'm not sure how they are doing the b5 150hp do to that requires a chip not a flash, as far as i knew revo only does flashes...

Last edited by chocalotstarfish; 02-03-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:46 AM
4th Gear

first off i wont ever be using anything that needs 1000cc injectors... im not trying to build something that breaks the sound barrier lol... but as far as why buy and not install... cuz im horrible with money and ill just blow it on randomness liek more tattoos or dying my hair orange haha...

as far as whut i want and what u think i should have are different... maybe revo isnt recomended because they are new to b5 or whatever... the fact of the matter is, its a 10 minutes drive versus a 3 hour drive... and they are both warrantied so i would rather go revo

like i said im not trying to build some monster... just get more power out of it and enjoy the car

Last edited by Mr. Phil; 02-03-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Guru

dude, do what you want.... it is your car.... and if you are so dead set on doing the wrong **** then do it.... but quit asking for help then..... you come here and ask for help and tell us you are an "idiot" when it comes to the turbo motor cause you never paid attention when you had your old audi cause you never thought you would own a turbo motor

we are trying to help and lead you the right way.... well you don't want help we won't give you any..... good luck with the real noobs trying to help you

by the way to make your car the most sport buy the biggest injectors you can not to be a race car and smallest diameter exhaust for back preasure.... also get 2 smics for better cooling, plus a nice large fmic.... then drive like you stole it

disclaimer: senior noobs get partial correct info

Old 02-03-2011, 11:19 AM
3rd Gear

Phill its obvious what is going on you have no ******* money to do **** thus you should not be owning a audi go buy a honda.. god man people are getting pissed

Quick Reply: stuck in a cross road