B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

So what is the pupose exactly...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by turbo kraut
if you don't plan on going bt at all.... go with speed tuning as they are cheap as ****(iirc)
they also have a ko4 file iirc
if you are going to go with something bigger than a k04 then go talk to clint.... he is a unitronics dealer but if you are a hater he can get you another tune maybe
Not a hater, I've gone up there and talked to Clint before, he's a cool guy. Showed me around the shop and everything

The plan for now is to chip my little K03 until he gives up on life, then go gt2x or gtrs elim. spose it would make sense to get a K03 tune now and get it re-flashed later for the bigger turbo?

Old 01-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Tech Guru

i would not go gt2x as it is just oil cooled... i would look into the franken first

i wasn't saying a hater on clint or rai i was saying on uni....

but if you do plan on going bt at sometime definatly get a tune that is able to go bt

you would just need to get reflashed

Old 01-05-2011, 01:42 AM
Tech Slut

Clint is a nice guy, I met and talked with him before, although didnt introduce myself. Uni has good tuning but thats where it stops, they pretty much suck it in every other sense. Unfortunately, they are one of the only options for tuning that can be upgraded from k03 to anything else. But iirc their k03 file is 500+ bucks. And you have to ship your ecu to Canada and they charge you way too much to send it back to you. Ive never heard more complaints about any other company, and I have plenty of my own.
/rant

Old 01-05-2011, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by turbo kraut
i would not go gt2x as it is just oil cooled... i would look into the franken first

i wasn't saying a hater on clint or rai i was saying on uni....

but if you do plan on going bt at sometime definatly get a tune that is able to go bt

you would just need to get reflashed
gotcha. Don't know enough about uni to be a hater lol. I've heard a lot about frankenturbo, thats definitely in the back of my head too. I've got plenty of time to do research though, as BT is at least 2 years down the road for me

Originally Posted by FasterA4ThanUrs
But iirc their k03 file is 500+ bucks. And you have to ship your ecu to Canada and they charge you way too much to send it back to you. Ive never heard more complaints about any other company, and I have plenty of my own.
/rant
That was one of my main concerns about tuning, and one of the reasons I was very heavily considering SpeedTuning. My avant is my only means of conveyance and I don't want to deal with buying another ECU and shipping it all over creation to get it tuned.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Tech Guru

i wouldn't see why clint couldn't do your initial tune since he is a tuner/builder/reseller

i would talk to him about it