B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

so i just won an a4 bid

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 10:37 PM
3rd Gear

Not sure I would have purchased something that "upgraded", but this one at least sound promising not to be too much of a headache if all the problems are as simple as stated. I got mine off of eBay almost three years ago for $5300, but it was stock (still is mostly) with 130k.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:16 PM
5th Gear

ya i wouldn't have bought anything with that many mods on it but since it was previously owned by a reputable person on zine you should love it. it should be more than enough to get your kids around anywhere. how does it feel vs your sti?

Old 09-03-2008, 09:16 PM
1st Gear

You can probably get the dent on the trunk repaired by "Paintless Dent Removal". I've had one done similar to that on another car. The location is easily accessible (which is really the hard part about PDR) so the job should be straightforward - albeit probably more time consuming than normal "dings". But hey, at least you won't have to have any bondo on the car.

Can someone point me out to the location of how to fix the LCD display?

Old 09-28-2008, 11:01 AM

Someone kicked that dent in?? Was it a steel toed boot or something? Sounds a bit fishy to me.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:14 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by M3Armand
You can probably get the dent on the trunk repaired by "Paintless Dent Removal". I've had one done similar to that on another car. The location is easily accessible (which is really the hard part about PDR) so the job should be straightforward - albeit probably more time consuming than normal "dings". But hey, at least you won't have to have any bondo on the car.

Can someone point me out to the location of how to fix the LCD display?
That is a huge dent for a paintless dent guy. Even if it pops without destroying the paint, it will end up being wavy. You'll probably be looking for a new trunklid.

Aside from the body kit, questionable repaint, and bald Falken tires, looks like a nice toy. Since you'll be driving your family around in it, make sure the ABS, seatbelts, and airbags have not been disabled or tampered with.

Good luck!

Old 09-28-2008, 03:54 PM
1st Gear

An A4 painted Nogaro? Isn't that some sort of sin?

Car looks great though! Lot of mods for the money...

Last edited by Vegas34; 09-28-2008 at 03:57 PM.