B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

So I have 2 offers for my car....

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 04:35 PM
1st Gear

Yeah, I know it's a great engine that is bullet-proof and has been around FOREVER... but I like the extra power from the 4.7, without changing the mpgs that much.

Old 09-27-2010, 04:39 PM
1st Gear

I might settle for the 4.0 since my car will be gone tonight and it's going to be rough sharing a car with my wife until I get a new car..... There are a lot of them available.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:09 PM
2nd Gear

how bout S4!!!!!

Old 09-27-2010, 08:58 PM
1st Gear

If you get a Grand Cherokee LTD (or Laredo) make sure that there no issues with the Blend Doors, or the defroster. Any smell of coolant inside the car run away, it's a $700-$1000 fix.
Hre's a good start for research. http://www.wjjeeps.com
I have a 2002 GC LTD which has the blend door/heater core issue and it requires a complete removal of the dash and a teardown of the heater box.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:06 PM
2nd Gear

I own jeeps and audis, hondas, chevys....I have had TWO grand cherokee laredos, one was a 5.2, the other was the limited edition 5.7...when they run, they run great....but they are hard to work on and costly (but since you had an audi, you're used to it). I have two wranglers with the 4.0, those engines are indestructible......Laredos etc, make sure trans is good, they go out all the time, fuel pumps go bad etc...just my two cents....

Old 09-28-2010, 02:30 PM
1st Gear

So you gotta love craigslist... the guy flaked on me last night. He texted me saying his friend told him that 142k mile is too high on an Audi. It's funny because he sold his car to buy mine... he called me before he sold his car to make sure that I would take $6k for it.

Doesn't bother me, I was going through my paperwork and saw that the head gasket and timing belt were done at 115k, clutch, cam chain tensioner, cam sensor, F&R brakes, tires and MAF (among other services) were all done between 120k and 128k... it has a new radiator, condenser and fans due to an suv backing into it at a stoplight, I did the plugs, ignition coils, brake fluid flush and seafoam in the last 6k miles..... The car is solid, for now... it's an Audi

I'll keep putting "feelers" out there for a trade, but I am in no rush.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:29 PM
2nd Gear

That's funny, I'm now over 270,000 miles on my audi, and I wouldn't sell it for under $3800....I LOVE the car, I've done EVERYTHING on it, and I LOVE IT!!!!! And as stated, I still peel out and race V8s.......

MOST people will say, a car with 200k or more on it isn't worth much, that's crap. IT depends on HOW it's been taken care of.....and how it's been driven.....

Old 09-29-2010, 12:53 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by markymarc
That's funny, I'm now over 270,000 miles on my audi, and I wouldn't sell it for under $3800....I LOVE the car, I've done EVERYTHING on it, and I LOVE IT!!!!! And as stated, I still peel out and race V8s.......

MOST people will say, a car with 200k or more on it isn't worth much, that's crap. IT depends on HOW it's been taken care of.....and how it's been driven.....

That's awesome that your car has so many miles and is still running so great, it shows that you take care of it!

You take pride in your car, do the services, drive it with a little respect and it will last. People don't understand that. They always think honda or toyota when they want a car that will last a long time... they are good vehicles with a great reputation for lasting a long time, but even a honda or toyota won't last if it's maintenance is ignored or if it's driven hard all the time.

I put more money in my 98 4Runner than any other car (except for when I supercharged civic si... and when I melted a piston in it), and my 02 nissan altima has had more issues than any car I have owned (all of which were covered by the dealer, so I haven't had to pay for anything).

A high-mileage car without records is scary, I'll admit that... but one with records of all the major services done within the last 25k miles is another story. Plus, you can usually tell by driving something. The guy that was going to buy my car was shocked at how clean it was and said "this thing drives like a new car", but a little bit of doubt from a friend (who didn't come to see my car) changes everything I guess...

I am not mad that I still have my car, I know it's a good ride that's going to last... I get really irritated when someone is super serious about something and flakes at the last minute... I just think people are dumb, what else can I say?

Old 09-29-2010, 01:24 PM
2nd Gear

ya bro im feeling you, i hate it when people are up to buy something that you are selling and then they either flake on you or not ever call you that they dont want it anymore. same exact thing happened to me last week, i am trying to sell my snowboard from last season and the guy just decided not to call me LOL.