B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Smoked tail lights in 10min

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 01:53 AM
Default RE: Smoked tail lights in 10min

ORIGINAL: SouRce4

well i like the fact that people are thinking outside of the box. sick idea. looks good in pictures. glad to see that it makes you happy. dont let other people's reactions get you mad lol. it made me laugh at first but i think its a cool idea for something quick cheap and similar to a spray tint. (letme know how long it lasts for tho).
Haha yeah, I'm curious how long they will last myself.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Leifer

ORIGINAL: hiwords

it's a better idea if you got a chick who was wearing pantyhoses and asked them to let you have them ; )
No man, it's hot when you raid her wardrobe and she's going through it the next day, then scratches her head and says "where the **** did my favorite pair of black, nylon pantyhose go... ?" then she steps outside, gives you nice feedback on your newly-tinted tail lights, and doesn't think of it again.

[8D]
That made me laugh haha.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:04 AM

ORIGINAL: sineo

ORIGINAL: feerocknok

Good idea. I don't know if I was going for the smoke look if I'd do this or not. It depends if it shows the texture.
Pics look good of it!
You should probably just buy my tail lights from me since they're already tinted
Right then you can switch over to the pantyhose tails.

Goes without saying you're awesome Sineo. Thanks for sticking up for me.

Alright then going to bed I'm supposed to be enjoying the fact I'm in Miami.
I don't care how much of a dick people are my smoked tails are hot.

Old 03-20-2008, 03:06 AM
1st Gear

At first i thought i was a joke. But then i saw the pics and it looks good. Im going to try this to see how my tails look with tint. Good idea I would have never thought of it lol.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:37 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: SouRce4

well i like the fact that people are thinking outside of the box. sick idea. looks good in pictures. glad to see that it makes you happy. dont let other people's reactions get you mad lol. it made me laugh at first but i think its a cool idea for something quick cheap and similar to a spray tint. (letme know how long it lasts for tho).
I agreee..

People are just ********--If you can't see it who cares how you did it. However i want to do this because i have been debating weather or not to smoke my tails and i can do this as a little test run.

Anyone want to do a pantyhoe smoked headlights together? We can wear them before!!!! Hahhahahah.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:40 AM
1st Gear

Anyone want to start a panty hose group buy?

Old 03-20-2008, 11:36 AM

lol^^^

Old 03-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Zombie Defense Force

HAHAHAHAHA this Taiden has the same IP address as you Promaine. Did you have to make up another user name to support your idea. BTW having multiple screen names is illegal here.
[sm=admin.gif][sm=bustedsign.gif][sm=owned.gif]

ORIGINAL: Taiden

I'm surprised AudiForums is so close minded to innovation and independent thought. After all, it was your AWD system that NO ONE BELIEVED would work that pushed Audi through it's successful racing career. Innovation.

Come on you guys. I can't believe you cuss on innovation so readily. You can smoke a taillight with Laminex, but it bubbles and looks brown, and it changes the light output to have a nasty brown tint. You can spray a taillight with tint, but you have to use Acetone to remove it. Acetone is known to be detrimental to plastic, which your taillights are made of. Pantyhose slides on, and is removed with no damage to the OEM part. It also doesn't collect water, since it is nylon. Due to the nature of pantyhose (woven threads instead of a solid) it allows light to escape between the threads at the original color and intensity.

I thought you guys were better than that. I say props and good job with a new idea.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:06 PM
2nd Gear

do they make colord pantyhose?? if they do then im all over this idea. bein able to switch between different colors would probably be the only advantage above just smoking them. and if you put them on your headlights for a long drive would it help protect them? im just throwing these ideas out there, cause this is pretty creative, and it may have more apps. then just black taillights.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeff

HAHAHAHAHA this Taiden has the same IP address as you Promaine. Did you have to make up another user name to support your idea. BTW having multiple screen names is illegal here.
[sm=admin.gif][sm=bustedsign.gif][sm=owned.gif]

ORIGINAL: Taiden

I'm surprised AudiForums is so close minded to innovation and independent thought. After all, it was your AWD system that NO ONE BELIEVED would work that pushed Audi through it's successful racing career. Innovation.

Come on you guys. I can't believe you cuss on innovation so readily. You can smoke a taillight with Laminex, but it bubbles and looks brown, and it changes the light output to have a nasty brown tint. You can spray a taillight with tint, but you have to use Acetone to remove it. Acetone is known to be detrimental to plastic, which your taillights are made of. Pantyhose slides on, and is removed with no damage to the OEM part. It also doesn't collect water, since it is nylon. Due to the nature of pantyhose (woven threads instead of a solid) it allows light to escape between the threads at the original color and intensity.

I thought you guys were better than that. I say props and good job with a new idea.
My roomate felt bad actualy... He's on a lot of forums and wasn't on here yet.
Thanks for looking at it though.
I don't need to make another name to stick up for myself, I can handle it with one just fine.
I would hope you don't delete his account...

Quick Reply: Smoked tail lights in 10min