B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Smoked tail lights in 10min

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Default RE: Smoked tail lights in 10min

ORIGINAL: tdn

Thats pretty cool, I would have never of thought of that. I want to tint my tails very slightly, but I'm in no rush, I'm also not sure if I'd go the pantyhose route but it's good to know it's an option.

Enjoy the new look and thanks for sharing.
Thank you.
Yeah I wouldn't mind having a second pair of tailights to play with. I just don't want to mess them up becuase I may sell my car at some point.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:58 PM

ORIGINAL: sineo

What! I think that's awesome. Well done.
ORIGINAL: Taiden
I'm surprised AudiForums is so close minded to innovation and independent thought. After all, it was your AWD system that NO ONE BELIEVED would work that pushed Audi through it's successful racing career. Innovation.

Come on you guys. I can't believe you cuss on innovation so readily. You can smoke a taillight with Laminex, but it bubbles and looks brown, and it changes the light output to have a nasty brown tint. You can spray a taillight with tint, but you have to use Acetone to remove it. Acetone is known to be detrimental to plastic, which your taillights are made of. Pantyhose slides on, and is removed with no damage to the OEM part. It also doesn't collect water, since it is nylon. Due to the nature of pantyhose (woven threads instead of a solid) it allows light to escape between the threads at the original color and intensity.

I thought you guys were better than that. I say props and good job with a new idea.
ORIGINAL: trevor303

haha thats pretty intersting

definitley creative

THANK YOU!

Old 03-19-2008, 08:04 PM
1st Gear

hey if it works,

Old 03-19-2008, 09:02 PM
2nd Gear

looks good, I thought it was a tint overlay or something at first glance, but hey pantyhose work too!

Old 03-19-2008, 09:07 PM
4th Gear

that would be cool, if you just wanted to see how tinted tails looked... but uhm, that is the most redneck/ghetto think i have seen around here in a while

i dont care how easily they come off, your tails are not tinted, they are covered with come ******* pantyhoes

Old 03-19-2008, 09:28 PM
1st Gear

i thought it was a good idea.. then a cop pulled me over for it. i laughed at him and got out and put a pen to them and they were gone, so he was like cool and let me go.so i put more on later. i love the looks and and costs next to nothing

Old 03-19-2008, 10:03 PM

ORIGINAL: blueboost99

i thought it was a good idea.. then a cop pulled me over for it. i laughed at him and got out and put a pen to them and they were gone, so he was like cool and let me go.so i put more on later. i love the looks and and costs next to nothing
HAHA! Thats amazing!
My roomate and I were talking about that we we're literaly like "...and I bet if I got pulled over and was just like 'oh alright I'll take them off right now' a cop would let me go for it".
Well glad I'm not the only one.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Lazer Viking

that would be cool, if you just wanted to see how tinted tails looked... but uhm, that is the most redneck/ghetto think i have seen around here in a while

i dont care how easily they come off, your tails are not tinted, they are covered with come ******* pantyhoes
I don't think it matters what it originally was it is now a taillight cover who gives a **** what it used to be... I bet if it was sold as a kit to smoke your tail lights and it fit on easy you would be all over it.

I'm not the one with a spray painted my grill either...
Not that I haven't considered it... it looks good, just saying we all do things to make our cars stand out and if it looks cool, it looks cool.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:26 PM
1st Gear

Nice Job, I love the way those pantyhose set off the look of your HONDA CIVIC

Old 03-19-2008, 11:30 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: 97 A4 2.8

Nice Job, I love the way those pantyhose set off the look of your HONDA CIVIC
Those are some pretty big britches for someone with 3 posts.

Whatever, I think it's clever and at the very least, it can help a person decide whether or not to commit to permanant tint.

Quick Reply: Smoked tail lights in 10min