B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

smoke! all colors.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 09:26 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: smoke! all colors.

Listen man, from experience... the blue smoke you're seeing is oil being burnt in your combustion chamber, yeah listen to your dad, you could have had the rings go bad, because if your oil temperature is hot, and your sparks are soaked in oil then yes, you have too much oil in there! ok now for the other smokes, the white smoke means you have coolant in your engine, thats because of the oil thats in your engine!! the seals are bad and they got wat with all the oil you have in there. that stuff u put in there to "fix" leaks is just temporary! you need new seals! now if you ran the car for a long time with oil in ur engine you might have been pushing the limits on your electrical system, and that might have damaged a coil pack! first what u have to do is: take the car to a shop( if you cant do it urself) have tehm check it out! theyre probably going to tell u the same thing i did! when they have it taken appart, u need new seals, an engine cleanup, oil change, spark pluggs, Possibly a coolant flush, and also possibly coil packs get it all checked out! first though. i've worked on a 1.8t, so thats how i know... you're welcome

Old 04-15-2008, 09:28 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: smoke! all colors.

ohh, yeah i forgot the most important thing!!! the rings!! thats the reason for so much oil! and why the temp is hiegher than normal! sry, you most likely need new rings ontop of all that. get it cheked out.