B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Slight vibrations throughout car

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 10:02 PM
1st Gear
Default Slight vibrations throughout car

Its from the rear end of the car and I can't figure it out.

I know I have a bad wheel bearing on the rear left side (car makes noises, humming and groaning turning to the right but turning left sound immediately goes away).

I have a small clamp/exhaust hanger that the welds broke on.

my shocks and springs are also as far as I know pretty worn out but I don't think this makes a difference.

I can't figure out this issue, its definitely coming from the back, it makes a slight vibration noise through my rear speakers, and directly in the middle of the car. When I turn to the right it makes the speaker nosie much worse which leads me to believe the wheel bearing is causing some vibrations through my rear speakers which are unplugged. I think these speakers are blown out though. The sound is also present when staying straight though, and even turning left (its not nearly as loud).

I know its not my tires, I have had them balanced and rotated last month. Not sure what else the problem could be.. its hard to pick up in a video because the ambient noise in my car from a bad wheel bearing pretty much drowns it out.. I wanted to get the wheel bearing fixed this week but my windshield decided to crack instead (getting a new one tomorrow). I'm praying once I get the wheel bearing fixed this sound goes away but I have a bad feeling its something else.

I've driven the car with a terrible alignment, 3 out of 4 tires near bald and bad axle and bearing, so its a lot better than it used to be.. but I am tired of hearing stupid annoying sounds inside the cabin.

any ideas?

Last edited by aeeroN; 06-05-2012 at 10:05 PM.