B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Seriously considering a 1.8t

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 12:44 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Mr. Phil
u cant ask for a discount for required maintenance on a car, thats like buying a numbers matching 69 yenko and saying u didnt replace the brakes like u should have take 5 grand off... doesnt work that way

if the timing belt HASNT been replace honestly i would stay away from it, cuz who knows how hard he/she has driven it, or if they did any of the other common maintenance on it... just my advice
In a way you're correct but if it was a Yenko I wouldn't hesitate whatsoever. I'd buy that sum beitch up as fast as I could get the money to change hands lol. On another note you can always haggle price if you notice regular maintenance hasn't been kept up. Sludge isn't a problem if you make sure it's taken care of once you get the car. The timing belt on the other hand is, as said, $300 for you to do it yourself and at least $1000 if you have it done. Happy hunting.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:38 AM

the C4 S4 or Ur-S4 is something you dont see a lot of. I wouls stick with a more popular, newer model that has more bolt on mods and would be easier to fix/diagnose. But if you are comfortable with cars then go for it!