B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

sell/trade/keep?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by paintballcs
I obviously would not sell to a dealer. Would craigslist it. I bet I could get maybe 3500-4000. I was hoping to make it though the winter, because I have the mustang for the summer. That thing as been a gem, 15k miles not one issue what so ever.. Never really had any issues with fords, they just dont have a cheap, nice car that is good in the snow that isnt an suv.

I hear ya. I went from a Bmw, to a Saab, now to my Audi, because of bland crap that wasn't appealing to me. My Saab 9-3 was the best looking I think next to my bimmer but damn did GM kill it. *** load of problems.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:07 PM
3rd Gear

saab has alot of issues my frind has a 93x its like a 2.5 4celinder and he has pulled his engine 3 times and keeps having issues the other day his timing belt snaped

Old 11-01-2009, 08:13 PM
5th Gear

where in the NE are you? if you can't drive a 5 speed, you shouldn't have bought it lol. i'm sure you've glazed your clutch over already. you should sell it and get an auto. you're lucky to not have any trouble with fords, my dad knows nothing about cars and he'll never buy another ford again lol. with the problems that came with the car, i wouldn't have paid over 1500 for it. i think you should sell it but i doubt you'll get over 3k for it.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:26 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by hiwords
where in the NE are you? if you can't drive a 5 speed, you shouldn't have bought it lol. i'm sure you've glazed your clutch over already. you should sell it and get an auto. you're lucky to not have any trouble with fords, my dad knows nothing about cars and he'll never buy another ford again lol. with the problems that came with the car, i wouldn't have paid over 1500 for it. i think you should sell it but i doubt you'll get over 3k for it.

Im in southern new hampshire. Im not terrible at driving it. ha i practiced on my sisters bmw, only thing i struggle with is getting it into first, sometimes second. both are choppy but its been getting better...I really hate selling this, love the thing but i dont know

Old 11-01-2009, 08:30 PM
5th Gear

ya first gear is really short on these cars. once you hit third it's awesome though. i know what you mean about not wanting to sell it but you're gonna have a lot of trouble in the winter if you can't manage the clutch smoothly. if you're in the middle of a turn and you suddenly put power to the wheels, you will spin out. quattro is great but only when used properly

Old 11-01-2009, 08:37 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by hiwords
ya first gear is really short on these cars. once you hit third it's awesome though. i know what you mean about not wanting to sell it but you're gonna have a lot of trouble in the winter if you can't manage the clutch smoothly. if you're in the middle of a turn and you suddenly put power to the wheels, you will spin out. quattro is great but only when used properly
yeah i was never really taught. my brother had like a 2007 S4 so i loved audis after that. I started learning now so when the snow starts ill be fine. i had my dad hide the keys to the mustang so I am forced to drive this(yes the mustang is sadly an auto). I have a decent mechanic. he charged me way under what it should have costed to fix the audi. he had to put a rear coil spring on, put the breaks on that i previous purchases, he had to purchase 2 02 sensors and put them in,weld the engine mount, and the exhaust, and only charged 540. So maybe i should try to learn how to work on these?any idea what go tools i should start with purchasing?

Old 11-01-2009, 08:44 PM
3rd Gear

sounds like you got a pretty good deal go to audidiy.com and you can learn on how to work on your car =] its easy and fun

http://audidiy.com/b5a4.php

Old 11-01-2009, 08:54 PM
2nd Gear

To be completely honest, working on cars may seem intimidating, I thought so too, but if you start small and build your way up to doing the bigger tasks, its really rewarding to be able to say you've done all the work yourself. Not to mention doing it yourself always guarantees that you'll have the peace of mind that it was done properly. I would say pick up a basic tool kit, primarily metric based. You know, wrenches, ratchets/sockets, screwdrivers. Thats really all you need for most of the jobs on these cars. After the tool kit, your next best investment will be a good jack and jack stands. After that you should be able to grab DIYs from here or audiworld and ask questions and you'll get it done. As it is, it sounds like you've had the more menial things taken care of, now you just need to get on the basic maintenance as previously mentioned (timing belt, oil change, wheel bearings etc) which can all be done with a basic tool kit, these online resources, and maybe that vw friend you mentioned. Good luck

Old 11-01-2009, 08:54 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Andrew149
sounds like you got a pretty good deal go to audidiy.com and you can learn on how to work on your car =] its easy and fun

http://audidiy.com/b5a4.php
Is this spam?not trying to be a dick if not. Just dont want to click something that isnt real ha. Seems legit but that way its worded looks like some of the spam ive seen here

Old 11-01-2009, 08:58 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by A4Cragman
To be completely honest, working on cars may seem intimidating, I thought so too, but if you start small and build your way up to doing the bigger tasks, its really rewarding to be able to say you've done all the work yourself. Not to mention doing it yourself always guarantees that you'll have the peace of mind that it was done properly. I would say pick up a basic tool kit, primarily metric based. You know, wrenches, ratchets/sockets, screwdrivers. Thats really all you need for most of the jobs on these cars. After the tool kit, your next best investment will be a good jack and jack stands. After that you should be able to grab DIYs from here or audiworld and ask questions and you'll get it done. As it is, it sounds like you've had the more menial things taken care of, now you just need to get on the basic maintenance as previously mentioned (timing belt, oil change, wheel bearings etc) which can all be done with a basic tool kit, these online resources, and maybe that vw friend you mentioned. Good luck
Yeah thanks. I think ill have an advantage with learning how to work on it because I have the 2 cars so I could leave this with problems in the spring/summer and learn how to work with it. my gfs dad does all the work on his cars too, but hes all gm, do not think he wants to even touch this. he has jacks, welding stuff, sander, everything thinkable..but yeah no idea.

It could really used a paint touch up. A lot of deep scratchs around. One on the hood that pisses me off. Anyone know a good place that wont screw me?went to a place that told me it would be like 1200$ jsut to touch it all up.. Its dark green.would love to paint orange though ha

Last edited by paintballcs; 11-01-2009 at 09:01 PM.

Quick Reply: sell/trade/keep?