B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

seafoam injection smoke from bay need help please =/?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 12:45 AM
1st Gear
Default seafoam injection smoke from bay need help please =/?

ok so bought 7$ can of seafoam unpluged the first vacume line in the manifold( one closest to you when you open the hood on your manifold. it was connected to some shiny blue after market thing below the turbo closer to the airbox/bumper actualy connectes to some lower hose intercooler hose i belive? any ways i unpluged the vacume from it while running car just kinda acted like no problem bro didnt change a thing lol .... any ways i had it rigged so i could krink it by bending it to stop vacuum suction . i slowly stuck it in the seafoam can and let it drink .. and drink half air half liquid.. itd suck it up engine would go into 500 rpm hard combustion no smoke then i revved it and the blue smoke came from my "shity side pipe thats about to fall off(previous owners bs)... so i fed it more alot more and revved it into the 4-5 k and then smoke came from the catlic converter/mani fold area couldnt tell exactily were but by the turbo .. IS SMOKE SUPPOSE TO COME FROM THE ENGINE BAY WHEN PREFORMING THIS ? =(( DO I HAVE A LEAK IN A VACUUM LINE WAS THE VACUM I PULLED A EXHAUST RECURCULATION VALVE? idk my turbo boost psi.. never checked will try my shity vag com cable again tommorow soo hard to get it to work lol any ways please help thank you=) after sea foam i raced it into the 5-6 k for 10 mins up to 80 mph on back intersate road my valve tick was louder engine was warm through hol process new air filter today as well CEL DID GO OFF =) seemed more vroomy haha=)

Old 03-12-2013, 12:49 AM
1st Gear

im not stupid on cars and im not a ricer i take care of my car no swiss cheese air box bs my first ever mod was today k@n stock reusable air filter i run 5w-30 synthetic and have a lifter (tick) loud sometimes dead silent at others after the seafoam it was pretty damn loud i noticed all the engine bay smoke and loud tick happeden when i drownded it in the last 1/4 of seafoam

Old 03-12-2013, 01:45 AM
Legal Moderator

oh no... the way i understand it is you pulled the vacuum line of the manifold and sucked the sea foam up in the line, correct? if so you fed it directly into the "shiny thing" which would be a diverter valve (blow off valve if p.o. is a tool). that is definately not the correct way of seafoaming. you should have put a new vacuum line on the nipple you exposed and fed the seafoam directly into the manifold

Old 03-12-2013, 11:49 PM
1st Gear
Default lol no

ok so i guess i wrote it up wrong idk were te diverter valve is its shinny blue and like right beside the passnger side front bumper really low like maybe 1 ft from ground haha connects to inter cooler thing .. it had the longest hose CONNECTING TO MY MANIFOLD SO I UNPLUGGED THE VAC LINE FROM IT NOT THE MANIFOLD AND FED SEAFOAM INTO THE LINE WHICH HAD VAC PRESSURE FROM THE INTAKE MANIFOLD LOL ??? now this raises the question how the hell would something that needs negative pressure to work possibly suck seafoam ??? haha so is my exhaust good or do i have a leak or should blue smoke have came from the turbo area

Old 03-13-2013, 03:57 AM
Legal Moderator

that sounds better. from that description you fed it directly into the manifold. odds are you just have a bunch of seafoam still in there. if theres smoke under the hood you probably have an exhuast leak. how long have you ran it since? youll need to run it to clear out the seafoam. take note of where the smoke is coming from to pinpoint the the exhaust leak

Old 03-13-2013, 07:36 PM
1st Gear
Default ok

Its my daily driver runs fine but next week im having whole exhaust installed cause my SIDE PIPE... is falling off lolmaybe thats the problem i opened the hood smelled no exhaust leak oland didnt sea anything all the seafoam should be burnt by next week right? Whats ur thoughts

Old 03-13-2013, 08:53 PM
Legal Moderator

It should only take a few miles to burn off. And if you had side exhaust that's probably why the smoke was under the hood

Old 05-20-2013, 11:35 PM
1st Gear

hey guys sorry to bring up a old thread!!!! but i wanted to update you all for helping me i went to have my whole exhaust redone at a shop cost me 120$ nice single chrome tip cat and resonator is all i have no other trash soon to be test pipe !!! the leak was from my downpipes flex joint however my exhaust noise wasnt the exhaust about to fall off it is my drive shaft -_- ... which i still havent cared to fix lol i just bought a chinese k04-015 turbo today made by wa-line industrial a chinese companie i have faith this turbo will be just as good as that 2000$ bs its all the same crap theres no play in the spool and ima broke man so my car will be happier with this than a stock k03 with 237,000 miles LMAO but i was just replying to say i resolved the problem with your guyses help

Old 05-21-2013, 03:11 AM
2nd Gear

I hope you haven't put that turbo in yet, cheap Chinese turbos are a huge no-no. Your stock 237k mile turbo will still last longer than this brand new one most likely.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:28 AM
2nd Gear

Ya I would advise against a Chinese turbo, think about it, do you really trust something made of the cheapest metals possible to spin at a rate of a 120,000+ rpms??

Quick Reply: seafoam injection smoke from bay need help please =/?