B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

School me on this Craigslist Audi A4

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 01:46 AM
1st Gear
Default School me on this Craigslist Audi A4

Hey everyone, I am looking to buy my first Audi A4 and found this one I'm interested in on craigslist. I called the guy and he sounded a nice enough guy. I might arrange a meeting soon but I'd like to know what you guys have to say about it.

98 Audi a4 quattro lot's of upgrades Very Nice!

The paint is really interesting...he told me it was an extremely durable flat textured paint. It looks spray painted to me? Haha

Is the flex pipe for the exhaust that essential or can I go driving without it for a bit?

I am hoping to get a reliable car for driving around the city in. What should I ask him when I go meet up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 07-08-2012, 02:37 AM
1st Gear

Cant really tell, but the car is either spray painted or just has a layer of primer, probably just spray paint. I'd stay from it, hes asking 2x more than whats its worth, and im willing to bet there's a ton of other things wrong with the car. Looks like a typical shady craigslist scam/deal.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:08 AM
Administrator

From the looks of it, it wasn't taken care of and needs some work.

Also ask him what the chip is. Generally 2.8 engines aren't chipped because of the limited power gain. It's not worth the money.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:45 AM
2nd Gear

I know I'll be shot for saying this, but if you really do want a reliable Audi, avoid anything that is chipped and full of mods. And a car that is missing a grill, headlight cover, and flex pipe has had several other things ignored too.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:13 AM

in other words.....run.

he doesn't know audis

says timing belt replaced...what about wp/therm/tensioner/serp belt

is he using right coolant?

i could easily go on

Old 07-08-2012, 11:20 AM
1st Gear

Ok, well sounds like the first one is out of the question.

How about this one? Audi A4 //// Great Condition //// MUST SELL due to moving to FL

I am thinking this might be it.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:22 AM
2nd Gear

I see Anderson Motorsports has worked on that car. Very good indy Audi shop, about a mile from my house. If you drove it over to Chris, I'm sure he'd give you a good, honest opinion about that car. Good guy, works on Audi's every day, not some indy shop that works on anything that comes in the door.

http://www.andersonmotorsport.com/

Old 07-08-2012, 11:39 AM
1st Gear

Cool, the only thing is I won't be able to bring the second set of tires but they say they can all fit in the car. Is this true?

I asked them and they aren't that flexible on the price. So would this be worth it for the price?

Old 07-08-2012, 11:39 AM

second one looks good other than the headlights i don't think are RS4 reps because they should be one piece and not black. Other than that its way way way better than the first.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:54 AM
2nd Gear

That price is just OK, depends on condition. If someone calls and asks me if I'm flexible on price I usually stay pretty tough too. Why would I negotiate when you haven't even seen the car yet? Show up with $$$$, if you like the car make an offer. Then you'll find out how flexible they are.

Quick Reply: School me on this Craigslist Audi A4