B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Safe mode

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 08:30 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Kajtek1
me, me me ?
How can I get the code?
I just bought the car with no manuals and local dealer gave me a BS about hooking up computer to reset it for like $160.
Mercedes is giving the codes for free. Even when the VIN didn't produce the right radio code, the MB Service Adviser went with me to the car, used his keys to pull the radio and check the serial number. All for free. I write the codes on pink slips. This way they are secured and no stranger is going to see them.
What is the procedure to enter? I bought car manual, but no radio manual.

1- why do you need the code if 'Mercedes is giving the codes for free'?

2- why is Mercedes giving Audi owners radio codes?

3- what does it matter if you write the code on pink or blue or green slips? how does that make them any more secure?

for the procedure to enter the codes try here if you have a delta
http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/radios/deltacc.html
or here if you have a concert
http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/radios/concert.html

Old 04-11-2009, 11:15 AM

Maybe I didn't make it clear, but Mercedes is giving codes for free for their cars, not for Audis
Pink slip (the title) is a document I keep in secure place in my home and don't loose till I sell the car. This way it is always there when I need it, it will not get misplaced and new owner will always get it.
Thanks for the link. None of those radios look like mine, but I give it a try. .. if I get the code.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:51 PM

So I found the procedure for my Symphony here http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/radios/symphony.html
The ghost's code doesn't work on my radio. I have 1 more try before 1 hr lockout.
Anybody more with ideas how to get those 4 digits without paying the stealer?

Old 04-11-2009, 11:48 PM
1st Gear

I viewed my dealer issues with getting the codes as a signal to get an aftermarket receiver lol.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:42 AM

yeah that safe mode ish sucks... I had to convince a mechanic to call in for the code because the stealership was going to charge me $140. glad you found it though

Old 04-15-2009, 12:24 AM
Default Radio code

I can get code for any Audi
I need only VIN & serial N of the stereo & $60.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:56 AM
3rd Gear

il be sure and send my money to you right away......

Originally Posted by Kajtek1
Maybe I didn't make it clear, but Mercedes is giving codes for free for their cars, not for Audis
Pink slip (the title) is a document I keep in secure place in my home and don't loose till I sell the car. This way it is always there when I need it, it will not get misplaced and new owner will always get it.
ah, that makes more sense. i have to ask then- how old was the mercedes? im sure if your Audi was a bit newer and still under warranty (or you bought the car from that particular dealer and gave them your money) the dealer would have no problem getting it for you for free. they just have to stop supporting older models at some point. its one more reason they give you to upgrade.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:55 PM

The Mercedes was 11 years old when the dealer went to the trouble of pulling the radio out for me, since the VIN didn't produce the right code.
We are chatting here, while I still have no working radio. Not that I care too much, but it is nice to have it occasionally.
The guy on Vortex forum who was finding the codes in the past is not responding anymore.
Is paying $60 ransom to the stealer the only option?

Old 05-25-2009, 04:48 AM
Default code

what kind of stereo do you have it?

Old 05-25-2009, 01:10 PM

Symphony
I can't even pull it out using my 2 keys I had for Mercedes.
Do I need all 4 keys to pull it out, or do I have wrong keys?

Quick Reply: Safe mode