B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

S4 bov?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 07:54 PM
1st Gear

everything work perfectly , Engine check light was on cause of Oil change, but went away after i changed it a few hours ago, it has 170,800 miles. Only ABS light and Brake light is on, the brake lights seem to flicker on and off not sure why, i assumed it's the Brake Fluid but again i could be wrong, only had it for a few days. And yea i see my mistake now i kept typing in S4 Insead of A4. As for errors, The only problem i can see or feel atm, is the Turn Signals, They dont seem to work. I assume next thing to go out will be the Clutch, considering its been used for 130,000 miles according to the sells and receipt.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:27 PM
2nd Gear

Ok ABS is the module your brake light is flashing because of that - modulemasters.com and 160 bucks will fix that for the turn signals its actually in the hazard switch its a relay - ecstuning.com should have one for 30 bucks.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:40 PM
1st Gear

Oh so sorry I don't agree with the audi fanboi-ism around here. But I did tell you that I'd find the info. Read it, and be amazed. Done right, BOV's are possible. Here are the links:

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?p=12673257
http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?p=12674949

Just because it isn't what you guys would do, doesn't mean its wrong.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

IMHO don't do a bov. Unless you have serious HP it's just ricerish. I'm all about keepin it classy. If you want to send your money wisely check out the FAQs and look at a nice tune + DV. IMHO Always have about 500 saved up for this car to fix something that will break randomly and it will! And like the guys said you have an A4 not an S4 two totally different cars! Keep us updated on the car!

Old 04-17-2011, 10:40 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by evelluser
Blow off valves actually are possible to use on these cars. Whether if its cause you get it tuned for it, or just set it up correctly. I read an article on audizine about it. Pretty much, you just have to adjust the spring in the BOV to the toughest one and add a couple washers until you're car doesn't stumble at idle. I'll see if I can find the article. It was a good read. But, if you're not too worried about going strictly BOV, you can get a hybrid valve that has both a blow off for the "wapooooosh" sound you're after and also has a diverter valve to keep the car at stock setting.

That right there is one huge way of destroying a turbo with compressor surge if not set correctly. You adjust the BOV so it is just closed at idle. You do not tighten down the spring as tight as possible and then start adding washers.

If the OP wants BOV sound then that person should just buy a hybrid BPV/BOV. If that person wants a BOV then buy a dual piston type which is designed to be used with a MAF.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:34 PM
2nd Gear

If you want the BOV sound, take a look at this:
http://www.034motorsport.com/turboch...s-p-20089.html

Old 04-18-2011, 06:45 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Mike-2ptzero
That right there is one huge way of destroying a turbo with compressor surge if not set correctly. You adjust the BOV so it is just closed at idle. You do not tighten down the spring as tight as possible and then start adding washers.

If the OP wants BOV sound then that person should just buy a hybrid BPV/BOV. If that person wants a BOV then buy a dual piston type which is designed to be used with a MAF.
THE Mike has spoken...

NOTE - IF YOU ARE STUPID ENOUGH TO BUY THIS, WE WILL CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD AND NEVER SHIP YOUR ORDER AS WE WOULDN'T BE CAUGHT DEAD STOCKING SUCH A RIDICULOUS PRODUCT AT OUR FACILITY
I <3 034

Last edited by bradtyler02; 04-18-2011 at 06:48 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:48 AM
4th Gear

I didn't know Spam had a turbo option...

Old 04-18-2011, 10:04 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by bradtyler02
I didn't know Spam had a turbo option...
haha wow

Old 04-18-2011, 02:13 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by DAS98A4
If you want the BOV sound, take a look at this:
http://www.034motorsport.com/turboch...s-p-20089.html
what a stupid post lol but hey i guess my post is pretty dumb as well.
at any case looks like bov is out of the question atm, this thread is for opinions so thanks everyone for the update, i did check out the F&Q and read over all of it. ill still keep everyone updated on how the car is. First mod is going to be the diode mod, Still want to work on more engine but would like to know what most people prefer to avoid problems. I understand theres gonna be problems anyways but its always best to avoid as much conflict as possible. Goal is to get at least 300hp lemme know what you all think ill post of the pic too