B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

RWD B5 Audi?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 06:11 PM
5th Gear

well i'll tell you guys one thing. if you want to slide around in the corners but want quattro, get HnR race springs. my old setup was just S4 springs and it handled really well in the corners but had too much body roll so i though getting race springs would put me lower and get rid of body roll. well long story short i'm low and have way less body roll but my tires love screeching in the corners that my tires never screeched before. i'm sure if i got the chance i could slide around all the corners with countering if i found a time where no cars were around.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:53 PM
4th Gear

Just go with a very stiff rear roll bar, this will increase over steer and make it easy to slide the rear. Just be warned this is not good for the center diff if you are still on the throttle while you pitch the rear end out.

also NEVER EVER pull the e-brack to pitch the rear, well unless you like picking up the pieces of your center diff.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:37 AM

yeah I have [NeuSpeed] race springs as well and they helped alot, a rear sway bar is also on my list along w/ a stassis center diff in the future!

today after I got my ecu back from speedtunig I went out for a drive in the rain and noticed I can actually get the rear end loose on turns (& roundabouts )
...something I tried today was, as I approached the turn I got on the brakes (clutch in) to throw the weight forward, then slightly pulled on the e-brake for like a half a second just to get the rear loose (clutch stil in), THEN I got on the throtle and I actually got completely sideways (more than I've ever gotten in the snow) and spun out (couldnt correct at full counter steer)

now is that ^^ what you just said not to do mike??
that was before I read ur post & only did it once...

Old 08-11-2009, 02:26 AM
1st Gear

Yep, either that or unplug the ABS sensors. There's two under your backseat, there's two in your engine compartment somewhere I guess.