B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

RIP Audi.. Need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 12:55 PM
1st Gear

The first thing you have to do is find out the decisionr, good, bad, or otherwise we can't give you any advice until you know what they have to say. Now I know that when I was involved in my accident my insurance rep was available 6 days a week (only Saturdays off) until after 5. She relayed everything to me instead of having to talk to the adjusters and other insurance companies. Try calling you rep or keep calling your adjuster but you have to know what they decided and why they made that decision.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:40 PM
3rd Gear

It's been over a week now. I'm getting pretty angry but trying to stay calm. After calling at least twice a day and leaving my 5th message today, still no reply from the adjuster. I talked to my insurance rep and they told me I have to talk to the adjuster. I doubt the place that has my car wants it sitting there for too much longer.. From what they said to me, I am almost certain that I'm not covered, but I don't know a reason. I'm guessing it is because I have an aftermarket intake. What would you do in my situation?

Old 11-03-2008, 04:40 PM
3rd Gear

Update..
After almost a month and two different adjusters that I barely got to talk with, I finally got the answer no, I am not covered. My family has been a member to this insurance company for 23 years now and we have never really needed much back or had any other problems. I tried to call my agent that I have known for all 23 years. Very unfortunately, he died yesterday in a car crash... I talked to other people in charge of the decision and they eventually they decided they would give me another chance. Their only reason to why I am not covered is that they do not believe it got water damaged. Even after sending them a picture of my car in the puddle being pushed out, they say the problem was caused by high revving. Apparently there was no signs of water in the common areas. They said the fact that I have an aftermarket air intake would not have affected the decision.
So if I want to take the chance to be covered, I would have to pay for a shop to inspect the insides of my engine for any possible signs of water. I'm not sure how much it would cost yet. Does anybody here have any advice of where to check for water damage? Any help is appreciated.
Also, I found another place that said they would do a full engine swap+timing belt change for a total of around $2500 with a 12v with less than 90k. I figure if I am not covered, that is close enough to worth fixing it since the car has been in the family all its life and I know its history better than I would with any other used car.