B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

really need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 11:54 PM
3rd Gear

how many miles has it been since you had an O2 sensor code?
what constantly recurring codes are you getting? scan and see why the ABS light is now on. if you cant communicate with the scanner port for some reason, that would be because your ABS module burned out. it happens every once in a while.

did you remove the non-foulers, and did/do you have one installed on the primary O2 sensor?

Old 06-16-2009, 12:36 AM
Legal Moderator

she said she removed the test pipe, therefore im assumin she put in the stock cat w/o the nonfoulers. she said the codes just recently went away though without deleting them. as far as i know, there is no connection between the abs/airbag system and the obd system for the engine.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:43 AM
3rd Gear

codes will never disappear on their own, they get saved into the history until cleared. if you correct the problem and the CEL goes off, the code will still be saved until you go in and remove it from memory.

the OBD port and ABS module are related the same way the OBD port and the stock radio are related. when you burn out your ABS module some people are unable to connect to the car and read codes. when you switch out your head unit, the same can happen.

never assume what someone else has done, thats why i asked the question. i wanted to know.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:28 PM
1st Gear

i cleared my codes after i replaced the ignition mod, spark plugs, maf, and after i put the non-fouler in. no i did not put the non-fouler in the primary tht would be stupid. NO i do not still have the non-fouler in why would i do that when im not using the test pipe?? and i have not done ONE thing diff to my car in like 2 months and my cel light just went off i read it and there were NOOOO codes!! i ran it again after it came back on and it said cyl 2 misfire that was all. now there is only one code that was never on there before as far as i know. i dont know how long the cel was on before i bought the car so i dont know why it came on in the first place. i think the abs and break light was bcuz somthing i did. they breaks felt funny so i looked at them to c if i could find out why. i might have just done something wrong or somthing idk. miles-130k. i think the o2's came on when i put the test pipe in bc after i put the cat back on they went away. but seriously my codes just went away and i cleared them like 2months ago i already listed the codes that came back on after i cleared them. i did the coil test and they are fine. still havent got to the boost yet hopefully i can do that today

Old 06-17-2009, 03:57 PM
1st Gear

and now my cel is off again...but im throwing the following codes
the codes are
p1239 cyl.3-fuel inj circ. open circ
p1240 cyl.4-fuel inj circ. open circ
p1237 cyl.1-fuel inj circ. open circ
p1238 cyl.2-fuel inj circ. open circ
and p0302 which is the cyl 2 mis. i think i am not positive though.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:59 AM
2nd Gear

This will be your best friend for diagnosing codes:
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/Main_Page

Old 06-20-2009, 03:00 PM
1st Gear

my inj codes are bcuz i tested my coils, but still clueless on the mis fire. i got som other opinions but not sure if they make sense. what would you all say bout it being the cam?

Old 06-20-2009, 05:06 PM
3rd Gear

why would testing your coils throw fuel injector codes? how did you test them exactly? is your CEL constantly flashing indicating a constant misfire?

move the #2 coil pack to #3 and see if the #3 starts misfiring. if it does then its your coil pack.

what year is this car even?

Old 06-20-2009, 05:28 PM
1st Gear

no i said that my cel went off. its not flashing or constantly on. it only misses when i give it to much throttle. i did switch the #2 with the #3 and no it did not make a #3 miss. 1998 sorry i could have sworn i said it in the first post. but i guess not. i am pretty positive i tested them right..

Old 06-20-2009, 05:35 PM
3rd Gear

i dont think im understanding how long of a period of time you go between scans.

and now my cel is off again...but im throwing the following codes
the codes are
p1239 cyl.3-fuel inj circ. open circ
p1240 cyl.4-fuel inj circ. open circ
p1237 cyl.1-fuel inj circ. open circ
p1238 cyl.2-fuel inj circ. open circ
and p0302 which is the cyl 2 mis. i think i am not positive though.
when your engine misfires, your CEL flashes. if it stops misfiring it will set a steady-on CEL for a period of time, and after a long while of no misfires it may go off. if you recently got a P0302 code that means that your car was recently misfiring and the CEL would be on or flashing if its still misfiring. so you can understand why it confuses me when you say you got a misfire code but your CEL is off.

and i still have no idea how testing coil packs would throw all 4 fuel injector codes unless you pulled some fuses for some reason.