B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Power locks issue, hopefully not the pump but maybe.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:11 AM
Default Power locks issue, hopefully not the pump but maybe.

Ok here are the details, since I bought my A4 last year the remotes have not worked. I eventually bought a remote system to try and wire in a remote instead of the stock unit. I followed what turned out to be bad instructions and when I pluged things back in I blew the central locking system fuse in the fuse block on the drivers side of the dash when the door is open. Since somethign was obviously wrong I pulled that system and tried wiring up the stock control unit again and plugged things back in. Now the locks don't work. They only work by manually locking the rear doors by locking them from the inside and locking the front doors from the inside or by key and the trunk only by key. The gas door no longer locks when the drivers door is locked.

So are there any other fuses that control this system? Or is the pump a unit that woudl easily be blown if the aftermarket unit was wired up incorrectly? I don't know if a new pump is worth buying for a 96 but I woudl like my locks and maybe remotes to work someday.