B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Post your favorite cheap/free mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Ah ok gotcha. Debadge, lightly smoked tails, underhood paint/detail work, vagcom feature recoding...

Old 12-02-2010, 09:51 PM
5th Gear

take off the quattro badge on the front grille

Old 12-02-2010, 10:20 PM
2nd Gear

I still am unclear about which is before and which is after. Top is before? Its a little cleaner but it also looks cheaper, like audi didn't give us a plate holder. It looks Honda-ish.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:57 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by kayakman13
Bradtyler, explain the fishtank airlines.
ok so im not bradtyler but i am tyler lol but anyways...i did this on the sedan and i need to pull them off and put them on the avant...anyways, go to lowes, home depot which ever and its either 3/8s or 1/4 clear tubing, it comes in a spool of it and take it and put it up along the crease on the top of doors measure and cut. place the line in the seem of the door and wala a noise reducer.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:05 PM
2nd Gear

I like custom interior stuff, like fabric wrapping. And LED's in the interior and license plate bulbs add a nice "clean" or custom feeling, whichever colors you want to go with.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:40 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
Ah ok gotcha. Debadge, lightly smoked tails, underhood paint/detail work, vagcom feature recoding...
recoding?

Old 12-03-2010, 12:33 AM
2nd Gear

To this day, the suede beltline and a short shifter with a custom, handmade (by me) weighted shift **** have been my favorite things I've done. The suede was cheap, relatively easy to do (takes a bit of patience, but well worth it) and for being as small in comparison with the rest of the interior as the beltline trim is, it brings a whole new, soft feel to the entire interior. And of course, the short shifter is just a blast in general and the weighted shift **** combined with the SS makes shifting almost effortless.

I should note that my absolute favorite mod is definitely my catback, but its slim to none chances that anyone will ever get a setup like I did for as cheap as I did so it doesn't really apply to this thread lol

Old 12-03-2010, 02:48 AM
2nd Gear

So the air line is cut down its length I assume and then placed in the door as opposed to the outside? So its for noise reduction, does it do a lot? I've never heard of it.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:09 AM
3rd Gear

Extend the keyless entry antenna (still have yet to try)
Paint random stuff (under the hood pieces, wheels, interior pieces taillights, grille, badges, tow hook, etc)
New interior fabric
Wink mirror or any cool rear view mirror
Valve caps
Avant rear wiper delete
New light bulbs everywhere
Cut springs

Old 12-03-2010, 06:39 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by kayakman13
So the air line is cut down its length I assume and then placed in the door as opposed to the outside? So its for noise reduction, does it do a lot? I've never heard of it.
It helped a little, and I actually found black fish tank tubing at the local pet shop. You cut to length and put it in the molding on the doors (i.e. open the door, find the molding along the top, insert tube in slot)...

Actually, Jeremy suggested this one to me last year when I was looking for cheap mods, because I was an even more broke Soldiers than I am now...

Quick Reply: Post your favorite cheap/free mod