B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Post a Picture of your B5!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 02:08 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Pbcrazy
Not digging that plasti dip job on the wheels, the center caps look too large to leave alloy silver IMO. I would plasti the outside ring (the lighter silver) of the caps and leave the center of the center cap (where the rings are) silver. Idk, just looks odd to me
Hey, to each their own right? But i'm peeling the black prior to SOWO and prob doing "intense teal" with the pearlizer just to be different lol- prob going gunmetal or anthracite after that until i can get some diff wheels.

Old 04-21-2014, 03:09 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by benni302
Hey, to each their own right? But i'm peeling the black prior to SOWO and prob doing "intense teal" with the pearlizer just to be different lol- prob going gunmetal or anthracite after that until i can get some diff wheels.
Ya, do whatever the heck you want to your car, it's YOUR car. I just don't personally dig those wheels.

B5Audi- I actually really like e30s, if I didn't get an Audi I probably would have been looking at them. I don't like them stock, but stanced they look goooood

Old 04-21-2014, 06:40 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Pbcrazy
Ya, do whatever the heck you want to your car, it's YOUR car. I just don't personally dig those wheels.

B5Audi- I actually really like e30s, if I didn't get an Audi I probably would have been looking at them. I don't like them stock, but stanced they look goooood
agreed i had one and sold it to buy my s4. ill get another eventually.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:54 PM
1st Gear

got it 2 weeks ago, what do u guys think about the rims? idk how to feel about them. what do u guys recommend doing to the car? i was thinking about new exhaust, maybe a lounder one, and maybe lowering it ?

Old 04-22-2014, 03:10 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by davidja94
got it 2 weeks ago, what do u guys think about the rims? idk how to feel about them. what do u guys recommend doing to the car? i was thinking about new exhaust, maybe a lounder one, and maybe lowering it ?

Looks like we have the same car!

The rims are alright. Not bad looking. The exhaust was one of the first things I did. Couldn't stand sounding like a hybrid.

Depends what you want to do. More HP get a tune, FMIC maybe, different intake, stereo, for outside appearance there's a bunch of different things that can be done, lowered, debadagged, rims, headlights, etc.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:52 PM
2nd Gear

low before exhaust. exhaust magnaflow 14815

Old 04-22-2014, 07:54 PM
2nd Gear

The rims look a bit too old school for my taste, but not bad. The options of upgrading this car is literally limitless

Old 04-22-2014, 09:40 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by B5 Audi
low before exhaust. exhaust magnaflow 14815
Exhaust before low. I'd like to go low but not on crap 15 inch wheels.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:13 PM
1st Gear

^ exactly lol. ill look for a shop around my area. should i replace the whole thing or what do u guys recommend? i just replaced the flex pipe because there was a hole in it

Old 04-22-2014, 10:26 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by davidja94
^ exactly lol. ill look for a shop around my area. should i replace the whole thing or what do u guys recommend? i just replaced the flex pipe because there was a hole in it
Full turbo back should run around $500. I did from about half way back to the exhaust. Stock pipe welded into 2.5 inch. I didn't feel doing the entire thing for $500 because it wouldn't make much difference and the shop said the same thing basically. I paid $350 and couldn't be more happy with it. I can always get the rest replaced but I don't see why I ever would unless it rusted out.

Try to find a local custom shop as they will give you the best work and price. At least my shop does. Much cheaper than buying some name brand exhaust online and the quality is always great from customs shops.

Quick Reply: Post a Picture of your B5!