B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

please someone help

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 11:52 AM
1st Gear
Angry please someone help

so i recently got an audi 2.8l v6 i spent 2200 on it the kid i got it from said it had a stuck valve. so i figured no big deal right well i was wrong. under further inspection the valve was not only stuck but wasnt even thier(the car runs and drives i drove it home and to and from work for a week).

here is my problem the upper middle intake manifold is lodged on. and wont come off like someone used jb weld to put it on. ( yes all the bolt are off and no i didnt forget one unless its hidden i have trippled checked) i triedusing a screww driver to pry and hooking it up to my enjoy houst the things not moving. im about five mins away form buying a new one and going to town on the old one with a hamer reliev some stress lol. if you guys have any idea let e know

Old 02-13-2009, 12:12 PM

Try tapping on all four corners with a mallet (rubber). Make sure you have all the spark plug wires out, and maybe check to make sure its just stuck against the gasket. Usually it will pop out if you hit it with the rubber mallet enough, hard lol. Try using Wd-40 or some type of bolt loosener you can find at an autozone or oreilly auto parts.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Site Moderator

The intake manifold is probably warped from someone taking it off in the wrong order. Its easy to warp an aluminum intake manifold. You will probably need a new one regardless. As for the valve, how do you know its missing? It sounds more like a timing belt snapped and they just replaced the belt with bent or broken valves in the motor.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:57 PM
1st Gear

so i went to the junk yard and took some anger out on one and i found that the entire intake is sitting on four bolts to remove it which is completely point less but thanks for your help much apreciated