B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 11:50 AM
1st Gear
Default please help

i want to update all my turbo piping and id like to do it with a kit cause then i get all the peices for a better price but the thing is i dont know what one will work on my car. and you can go buy any of the pics cause they all say accual product will vary from pick.

i have a 1998 audi a4 1.8t quattro with the aeb 5v engine in it with a k03 that im changing to a ko4.

i found a kit on this sit but dont know if i trust it
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/s...j-p-15081.html

if anyone has any suggestions or has done this or used theis kit please help me or no were to buy a legit one.

thanks

Old 08-24-2010, 12:14 PM
1st Gear

Well www.myhotaudi.com will only show you products that fit your car. This is what I found in 30 seconds...
http://www.myhotaudi.com/audi_produc...arger_Kit/1998

I know in my area there are a couple automotive places that will "supe up" your car, I would recommend finding a place like that and asking what they can do for you. I definitely don't recommend you just slap one on your car in your own garage.

Lastly, I don't know this for a true fact, but I have heard that with a lot of cars, if you install a turbo without upgrading other parts of the engine (i would guess spark plugs and valves, among others) that you will wear down your engine, and fast. Look into that before you buy, because this might end up being more money than you are wanting to spend on your car.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:43 PM
2nd Gear

hey alex dont reply if you dont know what you are talking about... you dont need to do valve's when upgrading to a k04...

anyways - both of you two should go and read all of the stickies - PLEASE. there are great threads about upgrades and things of that nature

and to the OP - dont buy a kit - do it yourself with custom piping made at an exhaust shop... kits suck for the most part as they are made for the masses

Old 08-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Tech Slut

^^^^ LOL^^^^
Flynnr is right, except i would take it to a custom shop and have them fab a set up out of aluminum.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:20 PM
1st Gear
Old 08-24-2010, 04:54 PM
2nd Gear

yeah buy it chunk by chunk. and replace them one at a time so you dont F things up (you will)

Old 08-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by alexmurphy
Well www.myhotaudi.com will only show you products that fit your car. This is what I found in 30 seconds...
http://www.myhotaudi.com/audi_produc...arger_Kit/1998

I know in my area there are a couple automotive places that will "supe up" your car, I would recommend finding a place like that and asking what they can do for you. I definitely don't recommend you just slap one on your car in your own garage.

Lastly, I don't know this for a true fact, but I have heard that with a lot of cars, if you install a turbo without upgrading other parts of the engine (i would guess spark plugs and valves, among others) that you will wear down your engine, and fast. Look into that before you buy, because this might end up being more money than you are wanting to spend on your car.
Woah.. Please read the stickies!

haha.. Plentyyyyy of people slap on turbos in their very own garage!

I am always very hesitant to post advice that is based on pure speculation. All the more reason to read this stickies.