B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Played with a Ferrari today...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 03:44 PM
Banned
Default Played with a Ferrari today...

Haha, was on my way home from an interview (Got the job, by the way!!)

And there it was, bright...red, and italian. I couldn't help but see if he wanted to play, and boy did he.

I of course lost, but I've got some cell-phone video footage of the race, along with a lot of pictures!

We took it to 140 before I gave up.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:50 PM
1st Gear

theres a guy that lives around me with a ferrari, and everytime i try to start something he backs off. of course the guy who owns it is probably in his late 60s but still...why get a ferrari if you aren't going to drive it?

Old 08-27-2010, 03:54 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by alexmurphy
theres a guy that lives around me with a ferrari, and everytime i try to start something he backs off. of course the guy who owns it is probably in his late 60s but still...why get a ferrari if you aren't going to drive it?

thats kind of how my dad is

he's got a '55 cevy belair, with a 400 small block bored to a 406, holley carburetor, edelbrock intake, turbo 400 trans, posi rear end, traction bars, probably makes around 400 some horsepower, and is set up for drag racing

yet he never uses it, and would love to swap that our for a big block 454, with an 871 supercharger....

make sense? no

sweet as hell? YES!

Old 08-27-2010, 03:59 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by twoeightquattro

he's got a '55 cevy belair, with a 400 small block bored to a 406, holley carburetor, edelbrock intake, turbo 400 trans, posi rear end, traction bars, probably makes around 400 some horsepower, and is set up for drag racing

yet he never uses it, and would love to swap that our for a big block 454, with an 871 supercharger....

make sense? no

sweet as hell? YES!
has he even taken it out on a track? Anything?

I don't understand. at all. Something else I don't get is when people get really ******* rich and buy a rolls royce...then have someone else drive them around. if i spent 400,000 on a car i would drive that thing everywhere i went. its a waste of money to let someone else drive what you bought

lol dont let me jack your thread. you had a cool story, OP

Old 08-27-2010, 06:00 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by twoeightquattro

make sense? no

sweet as hell? YES!
My dad is becomin the same way. Hes got a 67 camaro rs/ss. 350 small block. same 400 turbo trans, same holley carbuertor, obvioulsy a posi, and idk what else hes got but its quick. prob run a low 13/high 12 quater mile. now he wants to buy a paxton supercharger for 5k because hes too lazy to save up for a big block. yet everytime im with him he never races it! grantet we nvr really find people to race but he purposley avoids using streets where tuner-ville is. if i had that car id just be sitting ther waiting for their integras n **** to show up so i could smoke their asses.
^^^ i also agree. if i bought a maybach or a bentley i wouldnt want someone else driving it, that would take away all my fun in owning the car!

Old 08-27-2010, 06:06 PM
Administrator

Guy that lives next to my parents is the opposite - he has a 599GTB and drives the hell out of that thing. Fvcking flying everywhere he goes.

Oh and he's 66

Old 08-27-2010, 06:34 PM
Banned

Anyone know how to convert a 3gp to AVI? I can't find good software on the bay.

I want to post the video up for you guys.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Slut

Try pulling up to them in another supercar and they would probably race. But most rich 60something year old guys dont feel like they have anything to prove against a kid in a 10+ year old sedan. Its the same as if a minivan or something pulled up next to one of you guys and revved its engine. Kinda like "whats the point?"

Old 08-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
Guy that lives next to my parents is the opposite - he has a 599GTB and drives the hell out of that thing. Fvcking flying everywhere he goes.

Oh and he's 66
And we didn't meet this gentleman a couple weeks ago WHY?!!?

Old 08-27-2010, 07:09 PM
1st Gear

id race a minivan if he/she/it was revving his/her/their engine at me....

Quick Reply: Played with a Ferrari today...