B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Pictures of my new Flik Arctics...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 06:22 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Pictures of my new Flik Arctics...

ORIGINAL: klum00

I'm still undecided about the CC mod. Don't get me wrong I love the look without the amber corners but I'm trying to do everything really clean on this car, and I don't want to be able to see little holes in there. it may or may not happen...
I recently bought a set of one-piece lights and did the CC mod...I still don't like them as much as the black Depos, but I'm going to open them up and paint the insides black at some point, so it'll be back to looking the way I like it. In the meantime, I put a little bit of aluminum foil behind the holes that the job left behind and it looks fine...you can hardly see the holes. Thank goodness, too because I was pretty depressed with how much I didn't like the new one-piece lights...CCs helped a lot and I think it would look really nice on your car.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Administrator

The car looks killer with those - do what Sineo said about blocking off the lens holes and the CC mod will look fantastic on the car - I love the look of a black car with clear lights. Very smooth look.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:10 PM

ORIGINAL: CTown

Glad you posted this here. I am waiting for edgeracing to get gunmetal Arctics in stock. And your car and my car look very similar in appearance (except I have an A4) so I pretty much know that they will look great on mine.

Where did you get yours from and what tire size are you running ?
I actually got mine used for really cheap on vwvortex. running 235/40/18, they will definitely fit 245/40/18 but since my car is lowered quite a bit i wanted to minimize any kind of rubbing.

ORIGINAL: sineo

I recently bought a set of one-piece lights and did the CC mod...I still don't like them as much as the black Depos, but I'm going to open them up and paint the insides black at some point, so it'll be back to looking the way I like it. In the meantime, I put a little bit of aluminum foil behind the holes that the job left behind and it looks fine...you can hardly see the holes. Thank goodness, too because I was pretty depressed with how much I didn't like the new one-piece lights...CCs helped a lot and I think it would look really nice on your car.
the tin foil is a good idea, didn't really think about that. if the weather is good i'll add that to my to do list along with a few coilpacks this weekend...

I do love the way the black housings look on the silver cars, so definitely pop those things open and get to spraying.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:12 PM

Please refrain from posting your S4 related items in the non-S4 forum, loser.

I was thinking about what they might look like on my white non-S4, A4. I'd rock 'em. Looks good.

Now go back to your hole over on the S4 forum!!!

Old 03-28-2008, 08:37 PM
1st Gear

those look awesome

they do look darker in those pics than others ive seen of them on their own, but they look really good

Old 03-29-2008, 12:43 AM
4th Gear

Very nice.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:55 AM
3rd Gear

Nice Aaron. So the S4 has been treating you well?
I'm looking for a set of wheels myself, and I am still kicking myself for not buying your HP Evos every time I see them on that black A4.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:14 AM

thanks man, the S has treated me very well thanks. knock on wood!

the HP Evos do look great on Stephan's car. Honestly just keep your eyes on all of the classifieds; AF, AW, AZ, Fourtitude, VWVortex and Craigs list. You can find some really great deals.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:05 AM
4th Gear

Looks great!

Old 03-29-2008, 01:16 PM
1st Gear

damn those look great... im looking into getting new wheels for my 2.8 unless i get a 1.8 i think ill get suspenssions instead but i really like those wheels what did run you???

Quick Reply: Pictures of my new Flik Arctics...