B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Pictures and a clip of Audina at the beach

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 02:10 PM

id go h&r defiently proven
springs are the cheap part of the equation usually 150 or so

Old 05-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Administrator

^ What he said. Springs are usually pretty cheap and I'd recommend H&R also.

The shocks you bought came stock on some Bimmers. They should hold up just fine with lowering springs.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:37 PM
2nd Gear

H&R it is...Thanks fellas. Could you guys link me to H&R springs on a few sites with some prices?

Old 05-08-2012, 09:59 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jonbonesjones
fisheye - you have a better side shot after your springs? you can't really see the drop too well.

nope... the only other two pics i have are these... i shoulda took better pics :'(

BEFORE:::

Name:  20120421_074834.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  128.4 KB

AFTER::::

Name:  20120421_120225.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  40.3 KB

Old 05-08-2012, 10:24 PM
1st Gear

Hey guys I'm new to the Audi community just bought my own a4 2.8qm and was interested in finding out about both Ur headlights audinas n the the car ^ above.. I've been trying to find out info on headlights that would fit just right mine are stock and a bit foggy n wanting to.give it a face lift any info on este I can get a pair????

Any feed back would be great by the way mine is a 2000 2.8 n since some one.mentioned I too wanna make my car unique .. also consider on dropping it n this forum gave me lots of.info thanks.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:09 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by soul23
Hey guys I'm new to the Audi community just bought my own a4 2.8qm and was interested in finding out about both Ur headlights audinas n the the car ^ above.. I've been trying to find out info on headlights that would fit just right mine are stock and a bit foggy n wanting to.give it a face lift any info on este I can get a pair????

Any feed back would be great by the way mine is a 2000 2.8 n since some one.mentioned I too wanna make my car unique .. also consider on dropping it n this forum gave me lots of.info thanks.

sup man welcome to audi forums ... i'd be happy to help u out... my headlights came like that on the car when i bought it and i've also been looking for what kind of headlights i got but i cant find them anywhere. i think they're discontinued but they sell a lot of headlights close to mine on ebay. as for dropping it you can go with either springs (springs are cheaper way of dropping your car) or you can spend like $800 on coilovers... and with coilovers you can adjust the height to whatever you want... it could be slammed to the ground or it could be lowered like only 1 inch...

heres the closest looking headlights to my car vvvvvvvvvvvv

Ebay headlights:::

96 97 98 99 AUDI A4 S4 HALO RING LED PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS LAMPS BLACK BASE AVANT | eBay

Old 05-08-2012, 11:28 PM
2nd Gear

Well...this is just my personal,opinion and i am not knocking anyone Else's way of how they change the look of their B5.

I had Angel eyes at one point,they didn't look right on my B5,i took them off and put in the original housings.

The stock headlights,fits the B5 like a glove,those Halo and Angel eyes,has the look of a bimmer and just doesn't fit any Audi.

Stick to the stock headlights,just get HID's and call it a day,you won't regret it.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:16 PM
1st Gear

Ok ok koo guys thanks for the feed back I knew this was the perfect place to get info on my Audi all other sites I feel like ppl come off as snobs or douches when it comes to answered questions.. u guys are a bit leniant ..
K so next question think I got the lowering part covered.. k so if I get hid in my stocks would I have to change anything such as wiring or stuff like that.. n how much do they run.. also I kinda like the angel eyes or whatever they called.. n was wondering since they are halo or projector is it the same thing.. n can I replace those headlights with hid bulbs.. ?? Thanks like I said new to this .. I appreciate all the feed back..

Old 05-09-2012, 03:34 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by soul23
Ok ok koo guys thanks for the feed back I knew this was the perfect place to get info on my Audi all other sites I feel like ppl come off as snobs or douches when it comes to answered questions.. u guys are a bit leniant ..
K so next question think I got the lowering part covered.. k so if I get hid in my stocks would I have to change anything such as wiring or stuff like that..
if you have stock halogens, the hid kit you purchase should come with ballasts and wiring that'll plug right into the stock plug. the only other modding needed (other than finding a place to mount the ballast), would be to drill a hole in the backplate of your headlight to accomodate the new wiring.
n how much do they run..
I got mine off HID Kits - Xenon Kit - Car Lights, where the prices run from $70 - $270 (i have the $70 ones, with no issues)
also I kinda like the angel eyes or whatever they called.. n was wondering since they are halo or projector is it the same thing
HALO refers to "angelic look" of the running light around the low beam, like a bmw
PROJECTORS are the type of housing, looks like bulb is inside of a dome in your headlight as opposed to an open beam, like your high beam

.. n can I replace those headlights with hid bulbs..
if you purchase the mentioned ebay ones, its a PITA to install the HIDs. Its a different lamp (h1 instead of h7) and you would need to drill out the opening to fit the bulb.
?? Thanks like I said new to this .. I appreciate all the feed back..
Any additions or corrections, feel free. Im relatively new also so...

Old 05-09-2012, 07:04 PM
1st Gear

Gracias x2. Well explained .. so its prettie much up to me what I want when it comes to headlights.. since I can't boost her might as well give her a make over

Quick Reply: Pictures and a clip of Audina at the beach