B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Pictures and a clip of Audina at the beach

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 08:38 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by kriptonik
Looks great! It's always nice to see a clean and well maintained B5 nowadays. Have you thought about removing the lower, bumper bra and just running the hood one?

Like Airguard said, check it Raceland. I think the coilovers are $400 for a set if not less.

https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-...-colis-182587/
Well...i like the look of the whole front cover,there is also a benefit to my freshly repainted front bumper,being protected from rocks on the highway,chipping my bumper and front hood.

Last edited by morpheous; 05-06-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:54 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by FishEye
nice b5 man... i feel the same way about my b5... gotta give it a unique look from all the others lol... but yea drop the car dude, give it some lowering springs or give it coilovers... but if i were you i'd give the car ST coilovers.. i hear they're great and im actually getting some myself... my car is currently sitting on eibach springs which dropped it like 1.5 front and rear... or like in the previous posts racelands are an option but personally i wouldnt get racelands. like they say you get what you pay for

Raceland Coilovers:
Audi A4 Coilovers | Audi A4 Suspension

Eibach Springs:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...r_mts_prod_img

ST Coilovers:
Audi B5 A4 Quattro 1.8T > Suspension > Coilovers > ES#2129993 ST Performance Coilovers - 90603

i hope that helps..
Those ST Performance Coilovers cost $779.95
The Racelands are $369.00
The Eibach 1535.140 Pro-Kit Performance Spring Kit are 268.41

What are the differences between each kit? quality and performance?

I also have another question... I just recently purchased and installed 4 new shocks for the back and front,it would not make sense to buy 4 new shocks again,after spending so much money on a new pair,just 3 weeks ago.

I want to know if i can buy just the springs and remove the stock springs,from the new shocks i just purchased and install the shorter springs,so i can lower Audina. Can this be done?

Last edited by morpheous; 05-06-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:00 AM
Administrator

The ST and Raceland are both coilovers. The height can be adjusted up and down to your liking. The Eibach (from what it says) is just a spring kit (ultimately what you need if you want to keep your stock struts).

The Raceland is fairly new when it comes to making Audi coilovers but I know they've been making coilovers for GTI and basically Volkswagens in general for a while. The kit is basically 'you get what you pay for' kinda deal. If you want to simply lower it, I'd say go for it but I have no personal experience with them. The ST is supposedly the budget coilover made by KW. They are pretty much the KW V1. KW is a pretty well know suspension maker in the Euro scene.

To answer your question, yes you can purchase lowering springs to use with your struts. What new struts did you get? Keep in mind that some struts won't last long with lowered springs.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:11 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by kriptonik
The ST and Raceland are both coilovers. The height can be adjusted up and down to your liking. The Eibach (from what it says) is just a spring kit (ultimately what you need if you want to keep your stock struts).

The Raceland is fairly new when it comes to making Audi coilovers but I know they've been making coilovers for GTI and basically Volkswagens in general for a while. The kit is basically 'you get what you pay for' kinda deal. If you want to simply lower it, I'd say go for it but I have no personal experience with them. The ST is supposedly the budget coilover made by KW. They are pretty much the KW V1. KW is a pretty well know suspension maker in the Euro scene.

To answer your question, yes you can purchase lowering springs to use with your struts. What new struts did you get? Keep in mind that some struts won't last long with lowered springs.
Sachs is the name brand shocks i purchased from FCPGroton,the front and rear. Will this brand hold up if i get lower springs for them?

See attached pictures of shocks...

Attached Thumbnails Pictures and a clip of Audina at the beach-030.jpg   Pictures and a clip of Audina at the beach-044.jpg   Pictures and a clip of Audina at the beach-045.jpg   Pictures and a clip of Audina at the beach-046.jpg   Pictures and a clip of Audina at the beach-047.jpg  

Old 05-07-2012, 10:04 PM
1st Gear

they should hold up fine... im using stock struts on my eibach springs... in fact my shocks front and rear are all shot and dead... but it still rides super smooth (cuz its an audi of course). I've been using my eibach springs for a month now and they still ride smooth. so hell yea your brand new sachs will definitely hold up for a while!

Old 05-07-2012, 10:14 PM
2nd Gear

they should hold up fine... im using stock struts on my eibach springs... in fact my shocks front and rear are all shot and dead... but it still rides super smooth (cuz its an audi of course). I've been using my eibach springs for a month now and they still ride smooth. so hell yea your brand new sachs will definitely hold up for a while!
Great! So tell me,what should i buy?

Just the springs,right? and which brand of springs should i buy? does it matter,being I'm buying just the springs.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:09 PM
1st Gear

well brand wise ... i think eibach and H&R's are well known in the euro comunity... tien springs are more known for japanese cars but i dont know how they perform with euro standards... other than that each springs have different drops... like my eibachs that i linked you in my previous posts drop about 1.5 front and 1.4 rear... i know H&R springs drop way lower ... 1.9 in the front and 1.8 in the back i believe... but yea each springs have different drops and such... my eibachs look perfect in my opinion... i actually plan on going lower when i get ST coilovers... heres a pic of my car before and after with eibachs...

BEFORE:::

Name:  20120421_074901.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  91.8 KB

AFTER:::

Name:  20120421_124948.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  92.3 KB

Old 05-07-2012, 11:35 PM
2nd Gear

well brand wise ... i think eibach and H&R's are well known in the euro comunity... tien springs are more known for japanese cars but i dont know how they perform with euro standards... other than that each springs have different drops... like my eibachs that i linked you in my previous posts drop about 1.5 front and 1.4 rear... i know H&R springs drop way lower ... 1.9 in the front and 1.8 in the back i believe... but yea each springs have different drops and such... my eibachs look perfect in my opinion... i actually plan on going lower when i get ST coilovers... heres a pic of my car before and after with eibachs...

BEFORE:::

AFTER:::

Hmm...interesting....very interesting indeed.

I'll shop around and see what's in my price range and applicable to my Sachs shocks.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:14 AM

fisheye - you have a better side shot after your springs? you can't really see the drop too well. With morph using new struts your gonna have no problem it will last a long while, the problem occurs when you use stock audi struts with xxxxxx amount of miles on them and brand new stiff springs. They will go a lot quicker then they would with the stock springs.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:54 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by jonbonesjones
fisheye - you have a better side shot after your springs? you can't really see the drop too well. With morph using new struts your gonna have no problem it will last a long while, the problem occurs when you use stock audi struts with xxxxxx amount of miles on them and brand new stiff springs. They will go a lot quicker then they would with the stock springs.
Alright,sounds good jonesy,can you recommend some springs for me? I don't want to spend over 700.00 just for springs...

Quick Reply: Pictures and a clip of Audina at the beach