B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

People at the Audi Dealership are dicks~!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 02:32 PM
1st Gear

there's 3 audi dealerships in a 15 mile radius from me. one is strictly by the book, will do nothing for you, ever. the other, complete ********. i mean bad. and the third, the closest one to me, seems to be the most helpful. my friend just bought a new s4, went to the other 2 dealerships. the first one pressured him into buying. the second wouldn't let him test drive one. the third gave him the keys to one they had on the lot and said go have some fun come back and we'll talk. i told him which dealership to go to, but he went to the others too because these cars aren't easy to find, but he obviously bought it from the friendliest one. people want to feel like they're being taken care of, even when they're not. the best salesperson will make somebody thank them for charging them full price, esp for something they don't need. but yelling at a customer? i wouldn't buy a car from them out of principle, ever. and i'd make it a point to tell everyone i knew to stay away from there as well.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:14 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ou2mame
there's 3 audi dealerships in a 15 mile radius from me. one is strictly by the book, will do nothing for you, ever. the other, complete ********. i mean bad. and the third, the closest one to me, seems to be the most helpful. my friend just bought a new s4, went to the other 2 dealerships. the first one pressured him into buying. the second wouldn't let him test drive one. the third gave him the keys to one they had on the lot and said go have some fun come back and we'll talk. i told him which dealership to go to, but he went to the others too because these cars aren't easy to find, but he obviously bought it from the friendliest one. people want to feel like they're being taken care of, even when they're not. the best salesperson will make somebody thank them for charging them full price, esp for something they don't need. but yelling at a customer? i wouldn't buy a car from them out of principle, ever. and i'd make it a point to tell everyone i knew to stay away from there as well.
I have something else to add to my experience at this particular,Audi Stealership.

I brought Audina(My A4 B5) to the same Audi Stealership,that replaced my coil packs for free and gave me a free car wash,taboot.

This time,i was getting my Transmission diagnosed,turned out the tranny needed to be replaced,which i did 2 years ago and has been shifting perfect,since.

They actually loaned me a 2009 A4 for a mere 10.00!! I had it for about 2 hours but i made the best of it!

They obviously wanted to tempt me buying it,i mean how else can you get a customer to buy a car?,Give him a loaner and let em drive it!

Here are a few clips i took,two years ago when i was awaiting my diagnosis on Audina.

crusin round the loaner 2009 Audi A4 part 2 - YouTube

This is a interior and exterior walk through of my loaner Audi A4

2009 A4 loaner car from Audi stealership part 1 - YouTube

My friend was driving it in this first video,the video actually begins at 7:46 so fast forward to this point.

2009 A4 loaner car from Audi stealership part 2 - YouTube

This is just me,driving it back to the Audi Stealership.

Last edited by morpheous; 06-01-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:50 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Mad Cow
The key is to not dress or act like a high school kid, you do that and they won't screw with you. I've never had any problems with any dealership parts counters even when I was 18 driving a beat E36. I made friends with a parts guy and he always gave me heavy discounts and once gave me a free jug of coolant, just because.
i can understand that but i wasnt dressed as a highschool kid... im in college now and i was in my work clothes (i work at a independent auto shop) so maybe they were just mad cuz they knew the couldnt rip off a mechanic...

Old 06-01-2012, 07:52 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by morpheous

They actually loaned me a 2009 A4 for a mere 10.00!! I had it for about 2 hours but i made the best of it!

They obviously wanted to tempt me buying it,i mean how else can you get a customer to buy a car?,Give him a loaner and let em drive it!
awww dude lucky!! haha i wish the audi dealer gave me a loaner b7 rs4 or something hahaha... i would sooo abuse it

Old 06-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Dealerships around here are hit and miss. Went to one in Tysons Corner and they told me they didn't stock parts for "cars as old as yours."......

The one out by where I work now in Chantilly has been absolutely awesome. Always polite and helpful. Couple of the guys who work there are on the zine, one of them drives a lowered B6 USP avant.

Old 06-02-2012, 04:24 PM
3rd Gear

In 4 pics of USP avant.

Old 06-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by NickBroderick
In 4 pics of USP avant.
Lol I'll swing by there next week and see if he's working

Old 06-03-2012, 02:28 PM
1st Gear

I have a 98 and i reset mine all the time, u will def. Sit in ur car for like a 1/2 n hour before u figure it, at least i did.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:27 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CCA4
Dealerships around here are hit and miss. Went to one in Tysons Corner and they told me they didn't stock parts for "cars as old as yours."......

lmao! u got a 2001 man!!! what the hell do they mean ur car is old... -___-