B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Pbcrazy's Update Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 03:44 PM
2nd Gear

Plasti-dipped my rims today, cant decided if i liked them more before or after
Name:  IMG_0715_zps69687c47.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  87.9 KB
I think the brake dust will make them more of a graphite color which will be better then super "bright" black, so im gunna wait it out for a week or two then decide if i want to peel them or not

Old 05-22-2013, 10:39 PM
2nd Gear

So I decided that the plasti dipped rims just does not look good to me, so I peeled it off. I did however plasti dip my front grill (including surrounding chrome) and peeled it off the rings and quattro emblem and that looks really nice so ill keep that

Old 05-23-2013, 12:35 AM
1st Gear

Nice car, any plans for wheels? I see you're planning on raceland coils? I wanted to do them but opted for the h&r race springs, if I could go back in time I would have saved up $700 for some ST's.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:14 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by northwest b5
Nice car, any plans for wheels? I see you're planning on raceland coils? I wanted to do them but opted for the h&r race springs, if I could go back in time I would have saved up $700 for some ST's.
Thanks, no plans for new wheels at this point as I do more performance things than aesthetics, but it may happen at some point. I would like st's but racelands are half the price and from what I have heard they are very realiable unless you slam it in which case the shocks don't last very long (I'm not gunna slam it).

I'm thinking I'm gonna put off the coilovers till next year though and do the fmic and united motorsports stage 2, but I'm not set on this idea yet

Old 05-27-2013, 02:50 PM
2nd Gear

Finally got around to centering my german rage after 8 months of putting it off, also I cut out the plate infront of my intake manifold so hopefully (crossing my fingers) it will reduce my manifold's temp even a little bit (I could probably cook eggs in bacon on it without any problem after about 15 minutes of driving). Plastidipped my outside chrome of the front grill, lower valence in front and back, and side skirts so everything is lookin nice and new

Suggestion time!! I decided lowering my car will be the next thing I do, I plan to lower to enough to eliminated all but about .25" or .5" from the fender to the tires. My question is: should I used (and what size) wheel spacers to give it a cleaner appearance? I fear my car will be low but weird looking without a little bit of spacing atleast in the back

Old 05-27-2013, 05:34 PM
1st Gear

You'll have to let me know how the dipped valances hold up. My rear one is really discolored and I was thinking about dipping them, but wasn't sure if they'd chip and peel too quickly. Did you take them off or just use tape?

Old 05-27-2013, 05:54 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by audiaxel
You'll have to let me know how the dipped valances hold up. My rear one is really discolored and I was thinking about dipping them, but wasn't sure if they'd chip and peel too quickly. Did you take them off or just use tape?
My experience with plasti dip has been great, everything from grill and wheels on my brothers truck (lasted 8-9 months in counting) and my grill which is about a week in with no problems. I would say go for it, it's $6 a can at Home Depot, just take your time and do 3-4 light coats with 10 minutes in between. I just used tape

Old 05-27-2013, 07:12 PM
1st Gear

Those engine covers in red look horrid. Your coolant expansion tank also looks empty.

FWIW, the Scorpion exhaust should be 2.75".

Old 05-27-2013, 07:48 PM
2nd Gear

Really? I personally love how the covers came out. And the coolant is definitely not empty.

Also far as the scorpion exhaust I have never found a set digit on the diamete but I just went out there and the circumference is 8". That makes the radius (check my math) c=2(3.14)r, 4=3.14r, r=1.274" making the diameter roughly 2.54"

Last edited by Pbcrazy; 05-28-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:58 PM
1st Gear

You must have a unique exhaust. Mine measured in at around 2.75".

Here's a review link - Audizine Forums - that also states its 70mm.

Quick Reply: Pbcrazy's Update Thread!