B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Painted calipers black today,discovered something funky in the process

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 01:51 AM
Site Moderator

Honestly it's hard not to watch. I wanted to make sure that I didn't miss a minute of something that could possibly be recognized as useful footage beyond the first 2 minutes. After sitting through all that, it is completely fair for someone to say the same thing could have been accomplished with a few snap shots.

A grown man would not display such rangeful emotion for something trivial like negative criticism of a youtube video(s). It seems like you cross the line of what a fair and legitimate response would be with the name-calling, etc. you know, for a grown man. Like would you honestly react like this face to face with someone who criticized your youtube videos? Why take it so seriously?

Remember, this is only the internet.

Last edited by onepoint8tee; 08-22-2010 at 02:08 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:39 AM
Tech Slut

Alright, listen. We are all obv on here to help/learn and to have fun, but I think you might be missing a few points. There is no problem, by any means, to look to the AF community for help diagnosing and troubleshooting issues with you Audi. But you will be way better liked and respected if you DO NOT post 15 videos a week, filled with mostly nonsense. Trust me, I think its cool that you dig your ride and want to share that with us all on here, but I've been around here quite awhile, and I've seen many members come and go. You will be much better suited if you just temper it down a bit and realize that this is an internet forum (even tho tight-nit and more personal than most). You are going to get negative feedback, especially with the content you are posting. Try posting half of the **** on Vortex as you have here, and you will be in for a big time flame session. They are NO WHERE NEAR as nice as us over here.
Not to make fun, but me and my buddy sat back and thoroughly died laughing to your "coilpack adventure", McDonalds n hookers", and "AM fooling around" or whatever. I mean honestly, the Paris Hilton night-vision sex tape was better filmed than those.

I think all of us longer-lasting members can remember KEMP and BOB1234 or whatever there names were, and they were instantly hated and NOBODY even paid a lick of attention to anything they posted due to their attitudes. So as a warning, you should respond better to criticism, especially if they are kind of right. I really, truly think you mean well and you might be a good guy, so I just dont want to see you get shunned and give up on this forum.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:37 AM
1st Gear

wait a second... you PAID someone to paint your calipers and ****? its not thaaaat hard loli wish i could make 40 bucks for painting brakes id be a trillionaire by now...

Old 08-22-2010, 12:20 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by FasterA4ThanUrs
Alright, listen. We are all obv on here to help/learn and to have fun, but I think you might be missing a few points. There is no problem, by any means, to look to the AF community for help diagnosing and troubleshooting issues with you Audi. But you will be way better liked and respected if you DO NOT post 15 videos a week, filled with mostly nonsense. Trust me, I think its cool that you dig your ride and want to share that with us all on here, but I've been around here quite awhile, and I've seen many members come and go. You will be much better suited if you just temper it down a bit and realize that this is an internet forum (even tho tight-nit and more personal than most). You are going to get negative feedback, especially with the content you are posting. Try posting half of the **** on Vortex as you have here, and you will be in for a big time flame session. They are NO WHERE NEAR as nice as us over here.
Not to make fun, but me and my buddy sat back and thoroughly died laughing to your "coilpack adventure", McDonalds n hookers", and "AM fooling around" or whatever. I mean honestly, the Paris Hilton night-vision sex tape was better filmed than those.

I think all of us longer-lasting members can remember KEMP and BOB1234 or whatever there names were, and they were instantly hated and NOBODY even paid a lick of attention to anything they posted due to their attitudes. So as a warning, you should respond better to criticism, especially if they are kind of right. I really, truly think you mean well and you might be a good guy, so I just dont want to see you get shunned and give up on this forum.
First of all,those video were MEANT to be laughed at and not taking seriously,why you think i posted them?,people say that they want to have fun on this forum but when i post something to make people have fun and laugh,instead of simply saying its funny and i had a good time laughing,all you do is criticize and attack,that is not the same thing as saying you laughed out loud and it was entertaining.

These video were obviously posted for diagnostic purposes,i was trying to get every angle as possible,the clips were 1-2 minutes tops as i was trying to make sure,the leaks were visible.

I see a lot of people,post pics and videos of the same thing i post,i don't see anyone posting on their threads,flamming.

Now you might say,its more interesting to you,if they are revving their engine,to me that is useless and boring to watch a video of someone revving their engine but that's just it,what might be useless and boring to me,might not be useless and boring to you,that is what makes us all,individuals and not like robots,we are all different,therefore having our own tastes in what is interesting and what is not.

This is the problem i have with you people posting on my thread,just because i don't post videos of a B5 with a modded exterior,interior and souped up engine,yall discriminate.

Do the mods really have to go as far as to make a section for users that have stock or semi stock B5's?,i would hope not.

I like my B5,just the way it is,i am older as i am not into that sort of thing,so if i feel like posting videos of my B5 in it's stock state,i don't want ignorant people,posting things like"that is a boring videos and its useless" or "we know what a stock B5 looks like".

I also stated,that i don't just make videos for this forum,i upload for friends and family on facebook and youtube.

Far as i am concered,if you don't want to respond to my posts,just because the amount of videos,the quality of my videos,then you really didn't intend to help me in the first place,because in my logic,that is no reason to trash someone or refuse to not respond to a thread.

Maybe i am missing something all together,in the video,you can plainly see my hands and arms,therefore you know i am not white,so are you people in here racist? that is a question,not a statement,if so,then i REALLY can care less if you respond to my threads,being i would lose all respect for this forum,if it's true.

I like to joke around and have fun,that's why i posted the videos,i think you people on here are too serious,when you see a post that is light hearted in nature,you get bent.

I'll end my response by saying this,i never meant any harm,when posting videos and pics of my B5,i think most of you that comment on them,truly agree with that. I am just infatuated with her body and her legs So i like to show her off,every now and again

I am so excited about the up coming winter!,i plan on putting a couple G's into her drive train at Tax season as to get her ready for the snow,i hope i don't get flammed for posting a video of me drifting and doing doughnuts in the snow

Old 08-22-2010, 01:38 PM
1st Gear

yea, sorry man. i was just busting *****, but god damn... relax... its just a bunch of shitty youtube videos. its not that serious... you can name call, and talk as much **** as you want. it means nothing to me coming from a guy that paid someone 40 bucks to paint his calipers...

Old 08-22-2010, 01:52 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by dave0120
yea, sorry man. i was just busting *****, but god damn... relax... its just a bunch of shitty youtube videos. its not that serious... you can name call, and talk as much **** as you want. it means nothing to me coming from a guy that paid someone 40 bucks to paint his calipers...
heh,you first come off,apologetic but then turn around and insult and you say that it's not that serious but yet,you commented on my thread and was SERIOUS about it,no "lol" at the end of your post.

I now know what type of person you are and not to take you "serious" as you are a drama queen,so you will be ignored.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:21 PM
1st Gear

"you can name call, and talk as much **** as you want. it means nothing to me coming from a guy that paid someone 40 bucks to paint his calipers..."

lol x2!

Old 08-22-2010, 02:26 PM
2nd Gear

lol x3!

Old 08-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Banned

Did you really just play the racism card? Hah, man - I did not even pay attention to your skin color, most of us could care less about that.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by morpheous
First of all,those video were MEANT to be laughed at and not taking seriously
Right...
These video were obviously posted for diagnostic purposes,i was trying to get every angle as possible,the clips were 1-2 minutes tops as i was trying to make sure,the leaks were visible.
Hmmm. You want us to laugh at and not take diagnostic videos seriously? Mission accomplished, I guess?
I see a lot of people,post pics and videos of the same thing i post
No you don't. In the last 5 years, in all the forums I've been on, nobody else has recorded a secret video of a consultation at the dealer... Nobody has posted 8+ minute videos of their car in pitch darkness. Nobody has posted nearly 10 mins in footage of trying to identify a drive axle and transmission. It's simply strange stuff.

Now you might say,its more interesting to you,if they are revving their engine
Definitely!

that is what makes us all,individuals and not like robots,we are all different,therefore having our own tastes in what is interesting and what is not.
And unlike robots, humans ask "why." I respect that you may have a very simple definition of what is tasteful and interesting. Nobody is trying to oppress you here. Nobody is saying "don't do it!" - we are saying "why'd you do it!?"

This is the problem i have with you people posting on my thread,just because i don't post videos of a B5 with a modded exterior,interior and souped up engine,yall discriminate.
Here is the problem we have, and I repeat myself--
nobody else has recorded a secret video of a consultation at the dealer... Nobody has posted 8+ minute videos of their car in pitch darkness. Nobody has posted nearly 10 mins in footage of trying to identify a drive axle and transmission. It's simply strange stuff.

Do the mods really have to go as far as to make a section for users that have stock or semi stock B5's?,i would hope not.
You are so missing the point on this. It is not an issue of stock tastes vs modified tastes. It's an issue of how your videos are drawn out with redundancy, and are of questionable purpose.

I like my B5,just the way it is
Well I would hope so!
so if i feel like posting videos of my B5 in it's stock state,i don't want ignorant people,posting things like"that is a boring videos and its useless" or "we know what a stock B5 looks like".
We don't give you negative feedback because your car is stock. Get over that. You get questioned because...
nobody else has recorded a secret video of a consultation at the dealer... Nobody has posted 8+ minute videos of their car in pitch darkness. Nobody has posted nearly 10 mins in footage of trying to identify a drive axle and transmission. It's simply strange stuff.

if you don't want to respond to my posts,just because the amount of videos,the quality of my videos,then you really didn't intend to help me in the first place,because in my logic,that is no reason to trash someone or refuse to not respond to a thread.
Say what now? Didn't really understand that, but I like to help you out, and question your questionable videos.

you can plainly see my hands and arms,therefore you know i am not white,so are you people in here racist?
You've got to be kidding.. Why do you keep trying to come up with excuses as to why you are getting criticism that is directly related to your videography?

i never meant any harm,when posting videos and pics of my B5
and no harm done. It seems nobody is taking this whole thing as seriously as you are.

I am just infatuated with her body and her legs So i like to show her off,every now and again
See now I have to call this as I see it... Cute, a little humorous, and mostly creepy . Oh and the fact that your car is stock, and your skin is not white have nothing to do with my opinion on that

Last edited by onepoint8tee; 08-22-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Painted calipers black today,discovered something funky in the process