B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Ow Owdi went to AutoCross

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default Ow Owdi went to AutoCross

So I went out to Autocross and had a blast! Tore the **** outta the car! Blew my rear passenger wheel bearing and trashed a set of tires. These are my fronts and they have about 1/2 inch of tread when i started.
Driver
Name:  IMAG0193.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  58.5 KB
Passenger
Name:  IMAG0194.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  43.3 KB
zoomed in
Name:  IMAG0195.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  58.4 KB

and quick video of me running.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:54 PM
3rd Gear

I now fully understand that picture you sent me.

Looks like fun, you beat the **** outta those tires, I like that. Unlike Yu who drove like a little bitch.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:35 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

You drive like a cop

video made me car sick

how did you place?

Old 09-12-2010, 05:22 PM
1st Gear

Fudge, I didn't even wear my tires out so fast and they hardly had any tread to start when I went AutoXing. Bought some summer performance Falkens for this time around next weekend. You sure have a ton of tire squeal. Tire squeal is lost performance. I found that out when I went, and by paying attention to the noise, was able to drop from 1:06 to 56 seconds. Did you have fun? Details details please! Thoughts of doing this vs the drag racing you were thinking of? How many laps did you get out there? What were your starting and ending times? I see you went from a 67 to a 65 in 3 laps. Still, you fucked those tires up bad! How do you like the classic Audi dump truck push LOL?

Last edited by rezenclowd3; 09-12-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Administrator

^ Just like a girl on her prom night.

Looks like you had a blast bro. When is the next one?

Old 09-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 02A6Beau
You drive like a cop

video made me car sick

how did you place?
I placed 1st in Rookie which runs agenst all other types and classes but they use something called PERMs I think to figure out how i conpair to a decked out Evo. I place 2nd or 3rd in my real class but i ran rookie so it's not all the same.

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
Fudge, I didn't even wear my tires out so fast and they hardly had any tread to start when I went AutoXing. Bought some summer performance Falkens for this time around next weekend. You sure have a ton of tire squeal. Tire squeal is lost performance. I found that out when I went, and by paying attention to the noise, was able to drop from 1:06 to 56 seconds. Did you have fun? Details details please! Thoughts of doing this vs the drag racing you were thinking of? How many laps did you get out there? What were your starting and ending times? I see you went from a 67 to a 65 in 3 laps. Still, you fucked those tires up bad! How do you like the classic Audi dump truck push LOL?
I problem was the tires were snow/all seasons and older! The squeal is from killing the tires so much that i was running laps with the tire like that I have more video from later in the day where once the tires got so bad they werent even squealing anymore! I had a freaking blast, I think I'm going to do this instead of drag. I'd still like to have a fast car tho! I ran quite a few laps! I started the day in the low 70's then lower and lower I mainly was doing 66's and did two 65's I have video from me running where I ran the 65 that put me up to 1st in the rookies that was like "And the silver A4 crosses the line with a 65.??? Not to bad of a time for a cop driving an all wheel drive brick, that he is running around on rubber with metal sticking out!"
Originally Posted by kriptonik
^ Just like a girl on her prom night.

Looks like you had a blast bro. When is the next one?
^^^ LMAO!
Next one I'm running is Saturday the 18th. Its a police benefit run and all proceeds go to families of local fallen officers! So I need to get 2 tires and my wheel bearings done by then!!!!

Old 09-12-2010, 08:47 PM
1st Gear

Sat the 18th for me as well here in Cali! Good luck to you! Well, you have some camber tires now, but you should have just bought them from here ;-) cambertire.com

Old 09-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

here is the tire issue... I have performance tires on my 18's but my 18's are 8.5in wide which move me up to "Street Mod" which is anything goes on a car except motor swaps... there was just no way to compete... So I took my stock wheels and put some used $15 tires on them!

"A whole new level of classy"
Name:  IMAG0189.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  63.7 KB

Old 09-13-2010, 01:34 AM
Actual WIZARD

Originally Posted by chocalotstarfish
"A whole new level of classy"
That pic reminds me of this quote:
You know your a ricer when you buy rims in pairs...

Old 09-13-2010, 11:21 AM
1st Gear

that looks insanely fun! maybe if i can save up some money over the winter and spring i can buy some suspension upgrades /rims and tires and maybe compete in some local Auto X events
thanks for the inspiration!

Quick Reply: Ow Owdi went to AutoCross