B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Only one vacuum line to IM?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 06:36 PM
1st Gear

My CEL only came on after the seafoam which I heard was common/normal but I never seen it flash under hard acceleration. When I checked plugs 2-4 were gapped around .060 and the first one was closed all the way I regapped to .032 also I already had 2 vac leaks I ordered new replacements and plugs they are on their way. I'm trying to fix everything back up one at a time and I'm sure once it's done it will lead to more. That's why I was just wondering bout the vac line into the IM.

Thanks for all the support so far guys

Vag com on it's way I'll be able to pull up codes

Old 09-16-2010, 06:50 PM
1st Gear

My vacuum lines right there goes to some port on the side of the motor. Towards the driver side. If I can remember its above the oil filter. Is that right. If not then I have a nightmare of a vacuum line problems then. I have seen that line hooked up to the DV but my DV line is more closer to the other intake line. Sorry for the poor explanation. I can take pics right now if you want to see what I am talking about!!!

Old 09-16-2010, 09:30 PM
4th Gear

I'm trying to fix everything back up one at a time and I'm sure once it's done it will lead to more.
You have to fix at least three things at a time if you ever want to catch up... talk about multi-tasking!

Old 09-16-2010, 10:04 PM
1st Gear

Hahaha good point I do have a lot of catching up to do. I got my check valve today I just put that in.. removing the clip was a pita lol. I pulled out the rivet and dropped it.. i spent about 1/2 hour trying to get it out had to use a coat hanger(one awesome tool). I turned on the car and remove the rivet it would studder and stop when i put it back in.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:16 PM
1st Gear

Sorry to bring back this thread, but my question is still revolving around this. Today i just realize that the rivet is no longer there and now air is just getting sucked through the whole where the nipple once was before it broke.. What should I do about this? It doesnt sound good when the air is getting sucked through its choking.. Am i in need of a new IM? Or should i just find something to plug and seal it?

Old 09-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Actual WIZARD

I wonder if thats causing an issue since (if im gettiing this right) your running all your vac lines from the one thats supposed to only feed your FPR. My guess is that one line may be causing your fpr to do fun things.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:36 PM
4th Gear

You could have the manifold threaded and put a nipple in that spot. Then you could use that spot again for your BPV(DV). That might be cheaper then buying a new AEB intake manifold.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:59 PM
1st Gear

That is a really good idea.! Mike you are a genius! Now how would I go to threading it in seems like I would need a really strong drill or take it a shop which I really don't want to since I like to learn.

Thanks for the help

Old 09-19-2010, 08:56 PM
4th Gear

By hand using a die to cut the threads into it. You could always find a machine shop that would be willing to do it for you.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:13 PM
1st Gear

Awesome. As soon as I read that a light bulb poped in my head. I will try something to make it accessible again. Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: Only one vacuum line to IM?