B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

ok guys. i messed up and i need help PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 08:16 PM
1st Gear
Unhappy ok guys. i messed up and i need help PLEASE

ok guys ill start with how this all came about. I have had my baby for 3 years. its an early 99 a4 1.8t Quattro. since I got it its had a tranny problem that has progressively gotten worse. last august a friend informed me of a car for sale. I contacted the guy and picked it up. it is a 97 a4 1.8t Quattro. same color, same car. the bad. the guy traded an old truck for the car. when they traded PO told him the car had a bad turbo. new guy put a brand new KO4 on and drove it around his mile section a couple times. still made weird noises and no power. parked the car and sold it to me as is. I gave 450 bucks for the whole car. a steal with that new turbo on it. shortly after my trans completely locked up in my car . so where im at now is. I have the motor out of car #2 (turns out it was spun rod bearins) my plan is to put motor out of #1 into car and tranny #2 ( has a cleaner body). I have motor #1 out and I figured I would do a refresh on it. clean it up, full gasket set, new vacumn system, mainly avoiding having to tear it apart anytime soon after its installed. the bad part... Unfortunately this is my first motor removal or major motor work. ( and everyone tells me im in over my head, but im determined) the part I am at now is im ready to start reassembling motor #1. pistons were still good, valves all straight. so im leaving them for now. my problem, and question for everyone... when I started the second removal and tear down. I started to label all bolts and bag them out. unfortunately I got into the YAY im taking something apart mode, and just put a good majority of the bolts in a pile . so. what im looking for is . Diagrams on how things go back together. as far as motor accessories, diagrams of what bolts go where if that exists, or can I just go get regular high strength bolts and put where they fit.... only other thing is before I start putting back together is there anything else I should do while its apart? sorry guys trying to teach my self and learn from everyone. ive been searching forums forever but cant find anything very useful. Thanks again hopfully quick replys :/