B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

oil in intercooler piping, dv, puddle

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 10:47 PM
1st Gear
Default oil in intercooler piping, dv, puddle

i just starting driving my car last week but still cant get it out of the block because it overheated and was smoking from the back of the motor. so i found the one leak witch was the coolant hose going to the turbo and there is smoke and coolant coming from the rear engine. Coolant flange (getting fixed next week). Now for the orignal question..... when i took of the k03 turbo and all the piping, the piping and side mount intercooler was caked of oil build up it was bad i thought it was some kind of seal. so i changed it to k04 and FMIC. i test drove the car 3 or 4 time the 4th time i stepped on it to see wat it had and it pulls( i dont have it chipped yet or injectors). then thts wen i found out it overheated and also i took out my dv and it had oil in it, and some in the pipe right under the turbo outlet. its a brand new turbo and all new piping. What could be causeing the oil getting to the piping if only air is suppose to be there?any help is good help to me at this point thanks
I now its a story but i wanna be clear and let u know wat i know
side mount intercooler caked of oil
oil in intercooler piping, dv, puddle-img_1203.jpg
this is the factory piping i think this is the driverside pipe
oil in intercooler piping, dv, puddle-img_121234.jpg

Old 12-15-2011, 10:55 PM
Tech Guru

The thing your calling your dv, does it have 2 "legs" and a nipple or just the "legs"? Have you cleaned your pcv/pancake valve?

Old 12-15-2011, 11:19 PM
1st Gear

no i havent cleaned it and yea i have a hybrid forge dv.
oil in intercooler piping, dv, puddle-img_1266.jpg

Old 12-16-2011, 02:35 AM
1st Gear

Update- i took off the pcv valve WOW! it was really bad. oil was in my turbo inlet pipe very little bit(mostly next to the turbine wheel) it didnt get to the MAF. Theres a bad leak behind the engine were the coolant flange is, i didnt see an o ring wen i took off the coolant pipe but ill get one and install it. theres also a casistant leak next to the block, the rubber coolant line tht goes to the turbo from the block i gotta either tighten it or get a new one. so im ordering parts first thing monday morning. ill post then.
oil in intercooler piping, dv, puddle-img_1939.jpg
pcv valve trashed
oil in intercooler piping, dv, puddle-img_1934.jpg
this is the turbo outlet pipe. look back and ull see a puddle wow

Old 01-13-2012, 11:16 PM
1st Gear
Default UPDATE all solved

first i cleaned the "puke" vavle it was filthey. now theres NO oil going into my intercooler piping so cleaning it really works im really impressed with tht, either way its 30 bucks if u clean it or buy one. Second i found out tht my coolant lines were really loose next to the block and also on the turbo i dont now how i didnt tighten them all the way but i didnt. Third the coolant coming from back of motor was becuase the oring was pinched on the side wall of the inner flange, its still leaks a very little bit but i gotta get a sealant to finish tht. thanks once again to the diys and the help