B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Oil Drain plug.. i hate you.. advice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 02:08 PM
2nd Gear

lol nice! ive never noticed that either... wow im just in a zone i guess when im on here... youd think after 197 posts i'd have this **** down... wow i feel like my parents trying to use the internet hahaha

Old 12-02-2008, 12:22 PM
2nd Gear

hahahaha yea i havnt noticed that either.. it took me forever just to figure out how to put a pic in my SIG even after i read everything about it.. hahaha im not computer illiterate at all but, things werent lining up lol.. and thats a good idea about tack welding a socket to it and getting her off.. now that i got a slot to get it into my mechanic i guess hes gunna deal with it however he can.. i hope without any hold ups or more money.. but to whoever was asking about gettng a new plug first? i would.. id just pick up a handfull of those and spacers, and maybe change your plug every other oil change or something.. this way it should keep them fresh enough where they shouldnt seize up like it did to me.. i guess if my loss can help other people out, might as well post it on here right? hahaha

Old 12-02-2008, 01:18 PM
5th Gear

that's effed up. the first time i did mine, it was rock solid also. i used a 3 foot cheater bar and got it off. make sure the new one you get is good quality and make sure it's the same metal as the pan. different metal will react with each other like the pinch bolt and the spindle and cause them to seize. i'd go to the dealership and get one. if tacking a socket on doesn't work, you'll need to drill it out or just a get a new pan with a drain bolt and swap out the pans. make sure to get ready to be covered with oil if you do it that way lol

Old 12-02-2008, 06:56 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by osin34
hahahaha yea i havnt noticed that either.. it took me forever just to figure out how to put a pic in my SIG even after i read everything about it.. hahaha im not computer illiterate at all but, things werent lining up lol.. and thats a good idea about tack welding a socket to it and getting her off.. now that i got a slot to get it into my mechanic i guess hes gunna deal with it however he can.. i hope without any hold ups or more money.. but to whoever was asking about gettng a new plug first? i would.. id just pick up a handfull of those and spacers, and maybe change your plug every other oil change or something.. this way it should keep them fresh enough where they shouldnt seize up like it did to me.. i guess if my loss can help other people out, might as well post it on here right? hahaha

is it a universal drain plug? or whats the specs i should look for when i go to a hardware store or an auto parts store?? (same info needed for the washers)

thanks

Old 12-03-2008, 01:42 PM
2nd Gear

i called the Audi/VW dealership here in town and they didnt even have any.. neither did Bond Auto or any of the local universal shops.. but you can get the plugs off of ECStuning.com, they have them listed as 26x1.5 i think? maybe someone wants to confirm this but.. i think thats the size.. its that or 14x1.5.. but i believe mine was the larger one.. you can get one with like 10 washers for around 10 bucks.. either way i get my car back today after new front axels.. the last bad speed sensor (no more ABS light thank god) and the oil drain plug problem.. ill give the scoop later tonight