B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

OEM Look - Non Halo, Projector Headlights? 1998 Audi a4 Quattro

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 10:00 PM
Administrator

I got mine from a friend but at the time I think they were around $220 on eBay (one of the few eBay purchases for this car that is legit). My windows aren't tinted at all actually - I'm rocking the fishbowl look. The fender grinding is actually easy - mask and shield the fenders and the front of the car and go slowly, and you'll do fine. The grind won't have to be perfect because the light housings cover it anyway. Get it as smooth as you can and it'll look factory with the lights installed.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:21 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
I got mine from a friend but at the time I think they were around $220 on eBay
dude that looks sexy man... i never seen ur car before from the front... looks amazing... see black headlights look best on silver audis.. they kinda stand out / match in my opinion... thats why im keeping mine lol...

Old 05-30-2012, 06:12 AM
Administrator

Thanks man, I love the look too since my car is kind of black and gray (silver) two-tone themed inside and out. This is straight on - the pic doesn't show the grille rings, which I also blacked out, but it all ties together nicely on silver.

Name:  c9a09147.jpg
Views: 1109
Size:  101.7 KB

Old 05-30-2012, 10:01 AM
2nd Gear

Thanks man, I love the look too since my car is kind of black and gray (silver) two-tone themed inside and out. This is straight on - the pic doesn't show the grille rings, which I also blacked out, but it all ties together nicely on silver.

Jeremy,the ones you have are these? USA DEPO 99-01 AUDI A4 / 00-02 S4 B5 BLACK XENON HID ECODE PROJECTOR HEADLIGHT | eBay

You guys are right,the black housing's look best on silver B5's I'm thinking about getting these but only if someone can vouch for their quality,the last time i tried after market headlights was when i had those halo's.

One side fogged up all the time,when it rained and i didn't even like the look of it on top of that! I got them for nothing,though. I traded a guy my $9.00 eBay vag-com cable for them and bought another one from eBay a day later.

Jeremy,let me know if you bought yours from ebay or somewhere else. Give me the site,so i can buy them,from the same source as you've had them for 3 years without issue.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Administrator

That looks like the set I have, which also came from eBay (although I didn't get them with integrated HIDs - I had them already and transferred them in). So far, no worries or issues. I like and recommend them.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:47 AM
1st Gear

I also have the black depos, exactly like jeremy's; bought them on ebay a short time ago (link: 99-01 AUDI A4/S4 B5 1-PIECE BLACK ECODE PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS w/ HID INSTALL | eBay).
We just got a TON of rain up here the past few days and no fog at all so far. IMO they arent bad lights at all...
Here they are on my car:
Name:  IMAG1036.jpg
Views: 810
Size:  56.3 KB
(along with the smoked sidemarkers...)

Old 05-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Yup more proof that they're awesome on silver cars

Old 05-30-2012, 04:32 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by billymac122
I also have the black depos, exactly like jeremy's; bought them on ebay a short time ago (link: 99-01 AUDI A4/S4 B5 1-PIECE BLACK ECODE PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS w/ HID INSTALL | eBay).
We just got a TON of rain up here the past few days and no fog at all so far. IMO they arent bad lights at all...
Here they are on my car:

(along with the smoked sidemarkers...)
Those do look beastly on silver B5's. They are clear corner,also?

I just might pick me up a set as to give Audina a more mean,appearance.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:08 PM
Administrator

The housing around the turn signal bulb is black, so I wouldn't call them "clear" per se, but there is no amber lens there like on stock headlights, so in that sense they'd be considered clear.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:28 PM
1st Gear

The housing around the turn signal bulb is black, so I wouldn't call them "clear" per se, but there is no amber lens there like on stock headlights, so in that sense they'd be considered clear.
Where did you re-route the fog lights to? Could it power the halos if I wanted them to? How tough/expensive would it be for me to put them under the bumper like the post facelift B5s? Thanks!

Quick Reply: OEM Look - Non Halo, Projector Headlights? 1998 Audi a4 Quattro