B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

not shure wth is wrong...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 12:46 AM
1st Gear
Default not shure wth is wrong...

I had my water pump,timing belt,clutch,flywheel,wheel bearings and all 4 cv axels replaced on my 01 a4 quattro {1.8t}.i changed my oil today and in past few months ive noticed my power stear fluid has been dropping and my water {radiator fill?} Has been slowly lowering as well. I keep up on the fluids but i noticed today on the bottom of the oil pan twords the radiator near the very front there is a pulley that attatches to my fans and there is a red fluid {similiar to the antifreeze color radiator fill has but also possibly the power steering fluid. Is the water pump located there? There also seems to be a spot that looks as if some one weilded thru the oil pan near were that pump/pulley things at then they smoothed the cut??? I know the shop cut corners and they pretty much bent me over with no lube when it came to there pricing. My transmition {5speed clutch with supposibly stage above stock} seems to have issues when cold shifting into second gear when cold and if i do a fast **** at 3.5-4.5 rpms it does not like to stay in gear. I figued it was synchros it stops when warmed but downshifting sometimes it seems to have a tender spot not allowing quik gear droping when accelerating from 3rd to 2nd during corners. Granted i dont go race my car, but on windy roads i do enjoy the way it handles and sometimes float around =] any insight into any of the issues is greatly appreciated. I dont want to storm down to there shop and ream them out again untill i know what the problem is. {In past there was a leak after all the work they said it was a turbo line and they didnt mess with those, i took it to a vw shop and they said it was the "new" valve gasket the other shop had installed} hence my fear of poor work. Altho when confronted with proof and a receipt they unwillingly paid for the services ofthe repair due to the lack of proper work.